Christopher Lloyd Signs on for Back to the Future Games

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Christopher Lloyd Signs on for Back to the Future Games

An episodic Back to the Future adventure game is in the works at Telltale, and the original Doc Brown is on board.

I caught the last half of the first in case you hadn't heard [http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Anniversary-Trilogy-Digital/dp/B00198X0UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283439319&sr=8-1].

According to USA Today [http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/08/telltale-games-times-back-to-the-future-project/1], the Telltale games will (obviously) include the likenesses of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd as Marty and Doc Brown, respectively. While Fox's status on the project is unknown (and I'd imagine the Parkinsons' Disease fundraising takes up most of his time these days), it was announced that Lloyd will be reprising his iconic role as mad scientist Doc Brown.

Telltale will be working with Bob Gale, who wrote the screenplays for the film trilogy, on the plot of the game, which is set to span five episodes. Naturally, the game will feature the Hill Valley, California setting from the films, will take the player to 1985 (among other time periods), and will include the iconic time-traveling DeLorean.

Frankly, if they made a Back to the Future game and it didn't have the DeLorean, there would probably be riots.

Press X to help invent rock-n-roll, Marty!

(USA Today [http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/08/telltale-games-times-back-to-the-future-project/1])

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Well, if he can still do the voice, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Frankly they could have got impressionists to do the voices, because it still sounds like seventeen shades of awesome.
Telltale + awesome property + people who wrote original screenplays = surely good?

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to this. I loved the movies, but so far I don't really trust TellTale to make a good continuing of a franchise. Plus, for the love of god Telltale, make your own fucking IP's for once! Stop resurrecting franchises that should just be left has they were!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I sincerely hope they don't make a mess of it. The Back to the Future films are my all-time favourite movies since I was about 5 years old. I used to watch all 3 back to back on Friday evenings when I came home from school. I can pretty much rattle off all the lines word for word :D

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Isn't Telltale the company that makes the Lego games?

If they made this Lego Back to the Future, it would be awesome. Otherwise, it'll suck.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I do hope they can get Fox in on this. He may be busy with his fundraising, but I imagine voice acting is the only work he gets anymore.

rockyoumonkeys said:
Isn't Telltale the company that makes the Lego games?
No.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Epic! Well, ith all the tech now I am sure we can pull something off! Looking forward to this for sure!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
As long as this means I will get to drive a DeLorean through time and space I will buy a copy!
And if Christopher Lloyd's in... I have to buy a copy!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
yes please...

just because i know telltale is cool enough to give the story justice

minotaur199

Sep 10, 2009
Telltale is awesome... Loved Sam & Max, SC4AP, Tales Of Monkey Island and Wallace and Gromit. They will make an awesome game!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Daemascus said:
Nononononono.NO Theres no way this could come out as a good game.
yes way this could come up as a good game

come on, telltale has brought us some pretty cool games, like Strongbad's game, Monkey Island series, all thaat

again, it's TellTale Games, not LJN