Own This L4D Tank Statue for an Epic Price

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Own This L4D Tank Statue for an Epic Price

Gaze in terror (and/or awe) at this amazing statue of a giant zombie, but don't even think about buying it unless you're willing to throw down some serious cash.

Collectible videogame statuettes are often hastily thrown-together pieces of plastic that are casually tossed into Limited Edition game packages. As a game journalist, I've received several of these figurines over the years that promptly broke (due to cheap manufacturing), were lost, or simply given away. However, this statue of the Tank from <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Left-4-Dead-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002BRZ852/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283471021&sr=8-1>Left 4 Dead 2 looks anything but disposable. Unfortunately, quality costs money, and this ain't cheap.

The statue is from Gaming Heads, a subsidiary of the IP Factory, which makes high-end collectible items. Gaming Heads, it seems, is currently only working on Valve-related products, since its two statues for sale are this fine representation of the Tank and some upcoming versions of <a href=https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=79>Heavy Weapons Guy from TF2.

Everything about Gaming Heads' products looks and sounds incredibly high-end. According to the product description for the Tank statue:

In order to create the most accurate statue, we have used the actual game files. He measures approximately 15 inches tall, including the base. Comes packed in a foam interior full colored box with a validation card which ensures your product is genuine. Highly limited at only 300 pieces available worldwide. Cast in high quality poly-stone, the statue is hand finished and hand painted to exacting standards.

The regular run of this statue will sell for $299.99, while the "exclusive" version of the figure (read: first run) will sell for $324.99 and comes with a to-scale pump action shotgun.

I have to say, this is a pretty impressive-looking collectable, though I'm not sure I'd be willing to throw down 300 bones for something that would probably frighten off my dates when I bring them home.

Source: <a href=https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=85>Gaming Heads (thanks to The_root_of_all_evil for the tip)

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Description in 1 word: Ugly

Description in 2 words: Really Ugly.

Description in 3 words: Really Really Ugly

You get where I'm going with this....

EDIT: also it doesn't really look any different from all the mass-produced figures you get.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
As Epic, and as full of win as that is...I, dont have the kinda money for that, heh

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Seriously? $300 for something that is a little over a food tall? $50 seems on the more reasonable high end of a price range...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassin Xaero said:
Seriously? $300 for something that is a little over a food tall? $50 seems on the more reasonable high end of a price range...
You... must not get many high end models.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Im scared. Wont someone hold me?

OT: No, im not paying 300 bucks for this. For 40? Id buy 2. For 60, youve still got my sale. Over 100 and no, but for 300 you get a slap for being greedy. You assume that the rarity of it would help, but sill no.

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
If I was gonna pay $300 I better get a strain of the virus that created them too. For my evil plans...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Oh 15 inches. I read that wrong. Wow that's kinda cool then.....not that I'd pay that price, but it's still kinda cool.

Dungus

Nov 18, 2009
Won't they make much more money if they price it at 100/150$ and just.. make more of them? I'm not a collectible guy, but I'd love to see this on my bookshelf. Really don't have 300 bucks though.

John Funk said:
Are all high end collectibles that expensive then? Why not make them less expensive, and overthrow the cheap/crappy collectibles market? Don't shoot me if I sound ridiculous, I don't know what I'm talking about.

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
I would pay even more than that if it were life-sized. Now that would be INSANE!!

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
treeboy027 said:
I would pay even more than that if it were life-sized. Now that would be INSANE!!
I think if it where life sized it would be a tad more than 300$. And where would you keep it?!

Also, welcome to The Escapist. It's nice here, but don't feed the trolls, and watch out for the basement etc.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
John Funk said:
Assassin Xaero said:
No, not really. I bought a dragon thing when I was in San Fransisco, but besides that I mostly just go for the sharper things to stare at... Knives, swords, other impractical melee combat weapons... >_>

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Dungus said:
John Funk said:
Are all high end collectibles that expensive then? Why not make them less expensive, and overthrow the cheap/crappy collectibles market? Don't shoot me if I sound ridiculous, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Yeah, no. Those statues probably cost over $150 to make, especially if they only made 300 of them.

You get what you pay for.

Jtar

Sep 24, 2008
While a good looking model the only zombie model I would be interested in is the Witch. Though I can't wait till they start making the lifesized props.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
... My latest computer upgrade was less than that, and I replaced all the major organs...