Resident Evil 6 News Coming Soon, Say Capcom

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Resident Evil 6 News Coming Soon, Say Capcom

Capcom says it wants to get the next Resident Evil game out of the door as soon as possible.

Resident Evil 5 [http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-5-Gold-Playstation-3/dp/B002Z7BE24/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1283527511&sr=1-2] did pretty well for Capcom, so well, in fact, that the company's head of global development Keiji Inafune says that it wants to get Resident Evil 6 on the market as quickly as it can.

Speaking to Spanish site 3DJuegos [http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/articulos/49/0/entrevista-con-keiji-inafune/], Inafune said that Capcom was eager to capitalize on the momentum generated by RE5's sales, and would have news on a sequel soon. There is speculation that Capcom will announce Resident Evil 6 at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, which begins later this month.

RE5 Producer Jun Takeuchi said last year that he believed that the next Resident Evil would have to reboot the series, but Inafune's comments make it sound like Capcom doesn't want to go messing around with a successful formula. If Resident Evil 6 is indeed imminent, it would be the first high-profile result of Capcom's drive to increase its output of major titles [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102376-Capcom-Upping-Production-on-Major-Titles] in order to normalize its yearly revenue.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/news/capcom-resident-evil-6-soon]

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
In following their current policy of no racism in videogames, RE6 will be set in a fictional land filled with invisible people and zombies.

The player will control Generic Male Hero 1(invisible) and Generic Female Heroine 2 (invisible) and fight against hordes of invisible non-denominational zombies (also invisible)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
This is interesting, since if I remember correctly, they said before that it would take about 8 years for a new Resident Evil game to hit the market.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
IamQ said:
This is interesting, since if I remember correctly, they said before that it would take about 8 years for a new Resident Evil game to hit the market.
Wait, what? They said that? Wow...

OT, eh, I'm honestly not interested to be honest.

I only liked 4 and 5 because of their style, but since I heard that they would not continue making the games that way, that leads me to believe it will go back to the awkward controlled version of the PS1 days and I absolutely hated that.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
"Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva!" "Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris !" COMOOOOOOOOOOAAAN

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Julianking93 said:
IamQ said:

I only liked 4 and 5 because of their style, but since I heard that they would not continue making the games that way, that leads me to believe it will go back to the awkward controlled version of the PS1 days and I absolutely hated that.
Yep, I found a link here: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/03/24/resident-evil-6-could-take-up-to-8-years/

I first heard of it on the Escapist, but I couldn't find the News' thread, so I just googled it.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
IamQ said:
Julianking93 said:
IamQ said:

Yep, I found a link here: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/03/24/resident-evil-6-could-take-up-to-8-years/

I first heard of it on the Escapist, but I couldn't find the News' thread, so I just googled it.
Shit. Well I guess they've gone back on that.

Good for fans I guess ^-^

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
Reboot the series please, or I wont be buying another one. RE4 was great, RE5 was slightly less so. The magic of the current set-up has waned for me, personally.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Julianking93 said:
If anything they should use a new style. Keep the over the shoulder view, ditch the laser and throw in a little more flexibility with the movement. Also... melee combat <3

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Please let it be less action and more survival horror. And Please... NO MORE MOTORCYCLE ZOMBIES! (they weren't even zombies....)

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Does anyone really care about resident evil anymore? I mean, the bad acting in the first game was funny, but the gameplay sucked up until RE4. Resident Evil used to be about zombies and evil corporations, now it's about humorless cliches and giant worms that look like they belong in a godzilla film. Besides, THEY KILLED OFF THE MAIN VILLAIN. And Umbrella corp's gone, so what's going to replace that?

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
I played RE4 on a whim, loved every moment of it.

Played RE5, threw up in my mouth a bit.

RE6?.....I don't think I'll touch it until I see gameplay footage.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
heyheysg said:
In following their current policy of no racism in videogames, RE6 will be set in a fictional land filled with invisible people and zombies.

The player will control Generic Male Hero 1(invisible) and Generic Female Heroine 2 (invisible) and fight against hordes of invisible non-denominational zombies (also invisible)
I'm invisible, and offended at the popularization of invisibility in Capcom games!