The Week in Review - Game, Set, Nukem

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review - Game, Set, Nukem

On this week's edition, Duke Nukem Forever solidifies from the ether, and Valve's Gabe Newell teases some big announcements.

Nukem Comes Out at PAX

Sometimes things are fun because they work really well, other times it's because they're wonderfully broken, and very occasionally, it's a little bit of both. The seminal Super Mario World has a ton of weird glitches and quirks you were probably never aware of, and a fan has put together a computer-assisted video showing off some of the best over a custom level. Did you know that Mario can phase through walls given the right circumstances? Hit the link for a video. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103118-Insane-Mario-World-Glitch-Video-Does-Terrible-Things-to-Yoshi])

strum4h

Jan 3, 2009
It is going to be an exciting 2011. Diablo three will last me another 10 or so years.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
The link for Mario links to the "WoW inside SC2" article instead.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Man, imagine if Gabe announces "Half Life 2: Episode Three". Then there'll be two famous pieces of vaporware coming out near the same time!!! :eek:

Soet Poet

Feb 12, 2008
I'm guessing Valve will announce Half-Life 3, Portal 2's release date (which wont be true anyway) and either a new IP or an expansion to LFD2.

Or LFD3 just to kick their community in the balls a second time.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Still cant believe about Nukem...after all this time...

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
To be honest I wasn't impressed with the Duke Nukem demo shown. I'm not talking graphics or anything, but I expected the gameplay to be pure 3D realms (Even if t is done by GearBox) with vibrant environments, a buttload of weapons all strapped to your body and the ability to kick a pig cop and then make him lick his own blood of your boots before stomping him one last time. Seriously, why is GearBox just going for regenerating health, bashing guns, and limited arsenal? I know GearBox understands how to do a crazy ass old school shooter all based around action, dark humour, and blowing an impressive environment apart or even just having fun with it once the baddies are all mushed into the ground.

Valve better announce Episode 3. I won't mind hearing about a new IP or even Left 4 Dead 3, AS LONG AS Episode 3 shows up. Hell I wouldn't mind hearing about an Orange Box 2 containing Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 3, a new IP or the like AS LONG AS Episode 3 is there. Valve is known for delays but they usually at least show off their upcoming games. Half-Life 2 and even more-so Team Fortress 2 may have took a looong time to emerge since announcement, but at least we saw screenshots and knew that we could salivate over the promise of the game appearing in the future with more than just text based fan speculation.