PAX 2010: Hands On Duke Nukem Forever

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
PAX 2010: Hands On Duke Nukem Forever

Duke Nukem Forever exists, is playable, and is coming out next year.

Read Full Article

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Tis official then, Yahtzee is truly Yog Yatze, the Elder God of Video Games, bow down and prostrate yourselves before the Hat that covers his billion minds. For on the first day, Yahtzee did review Duke Nukem Forever, and lo, the review was good. And on the second day, the supplicant masses did grovel before the review and laud it with praises, and lo, it was good. And on the third day, Duke Nukem Forever did come into existence, and lo, it was fucking awesome.

The signs are clear, ye faithful set before Yahtzee your wishlist of games that should not logically exist, and he will bless you, AND SUMMON THEM FROM THE DEPTHS.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I'm so happy now, I just got Rick-Roll'd following a link while googling it, and I don't give a damn.

Hail to the King, baby.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Interesting. I had no idea of Gearbox and Pitchford's connection with 3D Realms. That gives me some confidence that perhaps a good game will emerge from all this. Perhaps.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Big boss...What do you think about it?

Big Boss : This is...a good thing isn't it?

I guess so, Good sir. Today have beeen...wild.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Holy shit, they actually have a release date?!

Mind = BLOWN

I always thought that 3D Realms picked the title Duke Nukem Forever as a very long and expensive joke on us (DNF = Did Not Finish)

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Can. Not. Wait. That's. A. Lie. I. Just. Need. Reach. And. Gears. Of. War. 3. And. Then. Once. I. Get. Bored. With. Them. I. Can. Not. Wait.

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
Sir, when my eyes do lie upon a copy of this title in a shop window, then and only then will I give merit to your fanciful assertions! Good day! No, seriously, I will order a parade to march the streets if Duke Nuken Forever does come out, but like so, so many others, I will remain sceptical about it's chances.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
I still think this is just a sick, SICK joke.

But I do look forward to this game. In the day of brown, boring first person shooters, its nice to see a game that doesnt care about being artsy, nice looking, and just goes for plain fun.

Plus, its Duke Nukem Forever. No self respected gamer should go without adding this game to their collection, simply as a tribute to the fact that it FINALLY got rezzed and is going to exist.

That being said, for 12 years, it better do some stuff right. For example, not having a 5 hour campaign. Good, competitive, fast paced multiplayer. Variety.

And tits and swearing. It IS Duke Nukem, after all...

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
EnigmaticSevens said:
Tis official then, Yahtzee is truly Yog Yatze, the Elder God of Video Games, bow down and prostrate yourselves before the Hat that covers his billion minds. For on the first day, Yahtzee did review Duke Nukem Forever, and lo, the review was good. And on the second day, the supplicant masses did grovel before the review and laud it with praises, and lo, it was good. And on the third day, Duke Nukem Forever did come into existence, and lo, it was fucking awesome.

The signs are clear, ye faithful set before Yahtzee your wishlist of games that should not logically exist, and he will bless you, AND SUMMON THEM FROM THE DEPTHS.
Pointing out the duke review came out a long time ago....

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
PAX2010 Awards: "And the biggest surprise of PAX goes to.... Duke Nukem Forever!"

Hearing this was like a holy shit moment. I literally thought I'd never see the day in my life time that Duke Nukem Forever was actually going to see the light of day.

Once it releases, I suppose Valve's Half-Life 2 Episode 3 can take the title of "vaporware" and "never going to launch" take forever attitude.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I was kind of hoping it would never come out so we could keep making Duke Nukem Forever jokes.

Well, at least we can still make HL2 Ep3 jokes.