Activision Sprinkles Some Call of Duty Details

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Activision Sprinkles Some Call of Duty Details

Having secured the top publishing spot in the U.S., Activision dropped a couple details about their plans for the next Call of Duty title.

The next game in the series will appear on six platforms - the PC, PS3, 360, DS, PS2 and Wii. The latter two were skipped for Modern Warfare.

"We'll bring the intensity of the recent Call of Duty: Modern Warfare title to a new military theater to engage our significantly larger user base which nearly doubled last year as new users came into the franchise," Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith said.

He did not elaborate on whether a "new military theater" also meant a contemporary setting. Nor did he say whether Treyarch or Infinity Ward would develop the game.

In related news, Activision also said the engine behind Modern Warfare will be used for the Treyarch-developed upcoming James Bond game, set for release in the fall and timed to coincide with the next film from the franchise.

Source: Gamespot.com [http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190641.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2]

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
"compatible with ps2 and wii, new theatre of war"

So, we're going to the Pacific or Vietnam, the graphics will be dire and the controls glitchy (for the wii at any rate).

On the other hand, they could pull a Battlefield and send us to the future.

At the same time Activision demonstrate a complete lack of competence by allowing Treyarch to develop another game...

Mojozing

Dec 29, 2007
The next game in the series will appear on six platforms - the PC, PS3, 360, DS, PS2 and Wii.
That alone tells me it will be shit. When making Modern Warfare, they put all their efforts into making a next-gen masterpiece. Having to produce PS2 and Wii compatible versions means less focus on the PS3, 360 and PC versions. Couple that with the fact that Treyarch are making you have a recipe for shitness.

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
An exploration of the future ala Battlefield is exactly what this stale franchise needs, that and a focus on a single player game worth paying full price for rather than the obscenely overpriced predecessor. Unlikely? Probably. They now know that they can make money by using fairly average online play as a crutch.

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
Mojozing said:
The next game in the series will appear on six platforms - the PC, PS3, 360, DS, PS2 and Wii.
That alone tells me it will be shit. When making Modern Warfare, they put all their efforts into making a next-gen masterpiece. Having to produce PS2 and Wii compatible versions means less focus on the PS3, 360 and PC versions. Couple that with the fact that Treyarch are making you have a recipe for shitness.
that's not the only problem,

http://kotaku.com/389162/call-of-duty-5-already-playable

Aparently they are going back to WWII, and I hoped they had got rid of, I simply stopped buying CoD games after the first since I don't need to own 3 slightly different takes on WWII, CoD4 was good because it finally had a change of scenery