PAX 2010: Rage Preview

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
PAX 2010: Rage Preview

It may not look all that unique anymore, but that doesn?t mean it doesn?t look good.

Read Full Article

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
It's a shame that it doesn't look massively unique, but you can't have everything! This should be damned good!

And the Rage engine... That thing looks (perhaps) more promising than Rage itself.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
i really hope it epic i would like to see id back on top again since they were the first and probably the most inventive and ahead of the curve until opengl standard went down the tubes with a horrible release.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Brink, Rage~

Why must you both be so far away?!?

>.>;
I seriously hope i dont get hit by a car before i get to play them both.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
It sounds similar to Fallout 3 but without the sexy RPG bits. This will probably be good, but I wouldn't count on it being great.

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
Ooh... Rage just keeps looking better and better in my eyes as time goes by... I've gone from "seriously don't care" to "aw, why's it a year away?"

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
Only bad thing about it is that it is still another year away. :(
Yeah and if they think it looks less unique now imagine how it will look afetr new vegas and possibly some other post apocalypse games come out in between.

Still it looks good the narrative seems to work and the environments seem suitably bleak and epic. Look forward to keeping an eye on this

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Not only does this game ''look'' like Fallout, but the ProjeEden Project idea is almost exactly the same as the Vault Project from the Fallout series. This game doesn't seem to do anything unique. And even if it does they're probably minor.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
Not only does this game ''look'' like Fallout, but the ProjeEden Project idea is almost exactly the same as the Vault Project from the Fallout series. This game doesn't seem to do anything unique. And even if it does they're probably minor.
Agree totally with this.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
ChupathingyX said:
True, but if it gets the shooting mechanics right I will forgive it. VATS made Fallout 3 all but unplayable to me.

Also, if it does everything it claims to do and does them well, will it's lack of outright originality truly matter?

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
The front page pictures looks eerily similar to Resident Evil's Nemesis...

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
I bet Rage will cause a few rage quits. *couldn'tresistsorry*

Although, I'll stick to Fallout 3, thank you.