Doctor Who's Sonic Screwdriver Tranformed Into Wii Remote

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Doctor Who[/I]'s Sonic Screwdriver Tranformed Into Wii Remote

Doctor Who fans' dreams of owning an affordable sonic screwdriver have finally come true.

If you've always wanted to pretend your television is a Dalek and waggle a sonic screwdriver at it all day long, you're in luck. The BBC has teamed up with Blue Ocean Accessories to produce Doctor Who-themed accessories to go with the Doctor Who videogames [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103019-Doctor-Who-Warps-Onto-Nintendo-Consoles] coming to the Nintendo Wii and DS.

They aren't slapping Doctor Who's face on a set of cases and calling it a day either. No, any Doctor Who fan that owns a Wii will absolutely have to get his/her hands on Blue Ocean's Doctor Who Wii Remote, which is in the shape and design of a sonic screwdriver. The sonic screwdriver is Doctor Who's iconic tool that he never leaves the TARDIS without.

As if that wasn't enough, DS owners can also get a sonic screwdriver-shaped stylus. And if you did happen to want Doctor Who's face plastered on your DS, there will be slipcases released featuring both he and his current sidekick Amy Pond.

The accessories are reportedly planned for launch in October, just like the upcoming games, though only in Europe far as I can tell. Please just don't think owning them qualifies you to take on a Cyberman.

Source: ONM [http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=19702]

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Hmm the conflict of my love of doctor who and distrust of any software made for the wii.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Sucks that its only Europe, also it does appear it have a nun-chuck port.

YarnBarf

Apr 16, 2010
I wants it. Not enough to move to Europe, but throw in some Nutella and some decent beer, and I'll think about it.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I dislike the packaging. Mostly because it makes me think very... Unpure thoughts.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Gah. All this talk about Dr. Who annoys me immensely, since I haven't seen a single episode.

I sort of like that it is only released in Europe though. Finally you Americans get a small taste of what it's like over here.

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
Jonluw said:
Gah. All this talk about Dr. Who annoys me immensely, since I haven't seen a single episode.

I sort of like that it is only released in Europe though. Finally you Americans get a small taste of what it's like over here.
All 10 of us who really care though ;)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Fantastic! Actually a Peripheral for the Wii that I thinks pretty damn cool!

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
DO WANT!

That's it, I'm hitting up the cousins in England to ship me the lot. Oh, the fangirly fun I shall have (even if it isn't compatible with my Wii...)!

Enough, guys. Not like that. XD