Play Lots of LittleBigPlanet, Get LBP2 Beta Access

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Play Lots of LittleBigPlanet, Get LBP2 Beta Access

Are you a "really active" LittleBigPlanet user? Start checking your PSN inbox for a LittleBigPlanet 2 beta invite.

Last month, we learned that Sony was gearing up for a beta test [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102783-LittleBigPlanet-2-Beta-Confirmed-for-Lucky-Sackboys] for the sequel to 2008's endearing LittleBigPlanet. However, we didn't know what Sony's criteria were for selecting their testers. Now, we do.

According to a post on the European PlayStation Forums [http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Announcements-Events/LittleBigPlanet-2-Beta/m-p/11462960#M22300], invites will be going out this week for gamers who have "been really active in LittleBigPlanet." Don't take this as a call to suddenly boot your PS3 up and begin creating and sharing levels, though: the testers have already been selected, and Sony and Media Molecule are "not able to recruit any further Beta Testers at present."

Testers must be over 18 and able to provide feedback to the developers in English. Since, y'know, they're based in England. That's what they speak over there. I know, it's crazy, isn't it?

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/07/littlebigplanet-2-beta-invites-going-to-really-active-lbp-user/])

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I would like to dispute this article title. I have received an invite yet haven't been on the game since January. No-one in the house has touched it since then. Though it should be noted that I was in the original Beta, but... you know...

Then again, I am also British. And technically my Brother was invited but I hope it'll work on all users. But the point stands that my LBP copy has dust on it!

Calumon: Yay! Early play! ^^

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Anyone else here remember when you got paid to beta-test?

Seeing beta keys handed out like they're prizes kind of reminds me of that part in Tom Sawyer when he cons his friend into doing his chores.

"Trying to connect online with this game sure is fun."

Souljourn

Nov 11, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
I would like to dispute this article title. I have received an invite yet haven't been on the game since January. No-one in the house has touched it since then. Though it should be noted that I was in the original Beta, but... you know...

Then again, I am also British. And technically my Brother was invited but I hope it'll work on all users. But the point stands that my LBP copy has dust on it!

Calumon: Yay! Early play! ^^
All previous beta members are in, that's prob why you got an invite.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats pretty epic! Give it to those who will play it - not a bad idea

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I wonder who they're going to ask or how they're going to find out how active you are... Then again, I don't own the game so I wouldn't know. I'm willing to bet they're going to try to target the guys who made a buttload of levels on the first game and ask them to test drive the new tools and provide feedback. I can see that.