6: It's All Real To Me

Max Steele

Dec 19, 2006
It's All Real To Me

Why are movies based on video games almost universally bad? Max Steele takes a look at this reliable phenomenon, and spreads the blame around liberally.

alabaster67

Dec 27, 2007
I dont really know but good point, just about every movie game has sucked.

my opinion is that the developers of such games are trying to stick as closely to the story of the move as possible, and dont have the freedom other game developers have.

broadband

Dec 15, 2007
good article indeed.

-Valve is a brilliant studio, but Half-Life 2 lost its verisimilitude when Gordon Freeman sat through a ten minute tutorial on how to use a gravity gun and never asked the simple question of "hey, you know, where am I and WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"-

HAHAHA, right about that, the only thing i hate of half life is that Gordon Freeman is mute and all that, in the first game was someway understandable bt in these days ridiculous

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
broadband said:
good article indeed.

-Valve is a brilliant studio, but Half-Life 2 lost its verisimilitude when Gordon Freeman sat through a ten minute tutorial on how to use a gravity gun and never asked the simple question of "hey, you know, where am I and WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"-

HAHAHA, right about that, the only thing i hate of half life is that Gordon Freeman is mute and all that, in the first game was someway understandable bt in these days ridiculous
In BioShock they made it into a plot twist as to why, but do hope Freeman isn't a zombie, as I suspect him to be ~~