6 Year Old Drives To School Courtesy Of "GTA Skills"

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Hankage said:
nathan-dts said:
smartalec said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
he made a couple of 90 degree turns, went off the road twice and finally smashed into a utility pole.
This does sound exactly like my GTA playing sessions.
Yeah, you can't have skills at driving in GTA; the poit is to do the most epic crashes.
Personally, I try to see how many people I can kill while having the most epic crash.
Interesting. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Ahhh yes... that's one brave or very stupid kid tho, first time I got into my driving instructor's car I was paranoid not to kill anyone...

Feb 13, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
I love how he said GTA and monster truck jam, but the article heading just says GTA.

Not helping in the least, Kotaku. >_>
There is a reason behind it Chrome, Monster Truck Jam is a U, none of the GTA titles should be able to be played by a 6 year old; having 18 or M ratings.

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
well I blame the parents not the game reason 1) parents fault he had the game not the game's fault 2) the parents allowed the kid cess to the car keys 3) the didn't get the little tyke to the bus stop on time
Anyway after the generic "shock this child had an 18 rated game" crap, well done to the kid on not hurting anyone. the parents somewhat deserve to have to but another car.
I also didn't hear the GTA part when it was on the radio

Psyco Slim

Apr 16, 2008
thats nothing. in Ohio a 4 year old shot his babysitter because he stepped on his feet by mistake.

http://news.aol.com/article/4-year-old-shoots-babysitter-cops-say/294393

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Sure he crashed in the end, but how bad would his driving be if he HADN'T played GTA? Someone could have been killed. I think we call that another life saved by GTA.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Calobi said:
Why would he want to go to PE? He's clearly a gamer, and it is a known fact that gamers hate physical activity.
To practice killing? : P

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Does anyone else wonder what a six-year-old was doing playing GTA in the first place?
Not so much when I noticed the boys father is 14 years older than the boys mother, his 'girlfriend' no less (unmarried).

Trying not to be too prejudiced, but when a 20 year old girl gets knocked up by a 34 year old guy, it doesn't seem to bode too well for the family later down the line.

It's the kind of pairing you expect to see on Jeremy Kyle.

When his mother was 6 years old, her future boyfriend and father of her child was 20.

Or am I just being old fashioned?

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Sure he crashed in the end, but how bad would his driving be if he HADN'T played GTA? Someone could have been killed. I think we call that another life saved by GTA.
You win.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
I love how he said GTA and monster truck jam, but the article heading just says GTA.

Not helping in the least, Kotaku. >_>
There is a reason behind it Chrome, Monster Truck Jam is a U, none of the GTA titles should be able to be played by a 6 year old; having 18 or M ratings.
That is a good point, and I have always said that parents should not do such a thing.
But still, rather than people seeing it as a game he shouldnt be playing, they will see it as more fuel to the fire against GTA, we all know it will. People may end up saying something like 'it taught him to drive, it may teach him to kill!' but if you put monster truck jam in there too then it changes things.

I think I may have just been thinking of that article in the past, with the boy who left home when his parents took his 360 and he ran from home, but it was not just that which made him leave.

Parents may never stop buying games for underage children unfortunately, and I wouldn't care if games weren't in the spotlight due to stupidity from children or parents.

anyway i'm tired, hungry and my head aches ever so slightly, so I have no idea whether or not I even made sense just now, let me know if I have later because it's nap time. Ciao!

Calobi said:
Why would he want to go to PE? He's clearly a gamer, and it is a known fact that gamers hate physical activity.
Lies. I liked PE for the most part, and I like and play american football now, And I breathe games of any electronic kind.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Slim Reaper10 said:
thats nothing. in Ohio a 4 year old shot his babysitter because he stepped on his feet by mistake.

http://news.aol.com/article/4-year-old-shoots-babysitter-cops-say/294393
See I am starting to hate article headings. I know you are meant to read on to get the full story, but why is it hard to say '4 year old shoots babysitter with pellet gun'?

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Does anyone else wonder what a six-year-old was doing playing GTA in the first place?
After working at an EB Games (Gamestop), I've given up hope on parents actually watching what their kids play. The kid is lucky to be alive! I think the sheriff hit the nail on the head.

That kid must really really like PE class.
He probably learned from Bully that PE class is a good time to pick on the other kids.

But seriously, where were his parents when he did this? Because depending on the circumstances, they might not be as at fault as they seem to be.

Feb 13, 2008
Jamash said:
Not so much when I noticed the boys father is 14 years older than the boys mother, his 'girlfriend' no less (unmarried).

Or am I just being old fashioned?
Yep, I've dated girls older and young than me by quite a bit.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Mister Benoit said:
thenumberthirteen said:
You win.
Yay! Is there a prize? I'll take the Speedboat and a Gift Certificate.

neoagent00729

Nov 24, 2008
Calobi said:
Not the Wii users :p But still, that kid is dumb, he should have been glad to bus left him. Ditching school to play video games is a way of life :p

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I read about this in the papers this morning. Really, this kid must be some kind of virtuoso behind the wheel! I don't think I could drive 10 miles when I was 6...