Shogun 2 Total War Campaign Preview

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Shogun 2 Total War Campaign Preview

You need more than soldiers to win a war. You also need honor and geishas!

Read Full Article

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I want it!

I want it so much...

[sub]Why don't I have it?[/sub]

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Shogun total war was one of the first real strategy games I truly fell in love with, and I've been a massive fan of each Total War game since: seeing another Shogun game in the works and seeing that it sounds awesome makes me grin. Lots.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I still have the first one!
Looks intresting.
Do you know when its released?

Jul 22, 2009
Oh wow this sounds brilliant. I loved Shogun Total War one and this sounds like an updated version with the complexity of Empire.

Do want!

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
do want to last i hear it was slated for march or something 2011 in that range.

meh in shogun one i always put the priests to death and barred outsides from the country :p. i still have my sogun total war warlord edition disk to i might install it one of these days again just to relive the glory of crushing my enemies with geisha and kensai.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
Steve Butts said:
It sounds like we'll need them. There are rumors that the nearby Chosokabe clan has built a big enough harbor to attract a strange people known as the "Dutch." These Dutch offered to share the secret of gunpowder with Chosokabe, and the lure of the strange new technology forced the clan to give in to Dutch demands to convert to Christianity
well.. that's a shame.. in the original the dutch were the easy way to getting gunpowder.. and the spanish where the forced converters for gunpowder..
oh well.... still want it!

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
I tried to play the first one, but this is the one game, where graphics turned me off of it. Although.... I can't wait for this one

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
yes, i absolutely love the total war series, and this in all it's intricacies, is very much interesting me, damn so much to buy, empire total war i conquered the world as the dutch now they have come back to introduce lovely gunpowder.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
It seems awesome. I've loved the Total War series since Shogun. I'm definately going to look into buying it.

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
Holy Sh-crap! I had no idea this was coming out. Sounds awesome.

Oda Nobunaga for life!

Well, at least you get Nanjou Ran.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Goddammit, waiting on this one. I loved Rome Total War but ever since it went onto the British conquests and Napoleon, I found it boring. It's much more fun to have a mix strongly favouring the melee than have a bunch of guys shooting at each other all day from a distance, at least for me.

Not to mention, this is one of the most awesome periods for the game outside perhaps the Roman empire and it might even be better tbh :D

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Corporal Bill said:
MrSnugglesworth said:
Bushido was created in the 1920's.

Just saying.
That were they slice emselves when they is defeated?
Thats Seppuku where they kill themselves if defeated.

OT: Looking forward to this massively, hope they do build on the things that they got right in Empire/Napoleon.