Telltale's $20 Great Adventure Bundle Sale Extended One Week

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Telltale's $20 Great Adventure Bundle Sale Extended One Week

If you missed the chance to get six fun adventure games for $20, now you've got another week.

Telltale Games Great Adventure Bundle 2010 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103252-Update-Telltales-Great-Adventure-Bundle-Offers-6-Games-for-20] a week ago and said it'd run until September 10. Thanks to Telltale's charitableness, for both the five charities the bundle supports and gamers buying the bundle, the offer has been extended for another week (presumably until September 17).

When people spend their $19.95 to get the bundle's five guaranteed games, they can also choose one of five charities, which will now each get the chance for a bigger check. Gamers are rewarded because of the way the bundle works. Originally, once 5,000 bundles were sold Telltale was going yo unlock Puzzle Agent for purchasers, but decided to release it early (perhaps due to slow sales). Now, when 5,000 bundles are sold everybody gets a copy of Sam & Max Season 2.

With 2,168 bundles sold as of this writing, it's not assured that Telltale will hit its goal, but they've raised $10,000 for charity and that's nothing to sneeze at. Considering that Telltale unlocked Puzzle Agent early, it might decided to do the same if it gets close to 5,000 anyway. Even if it doesn't, $20 is still a pretty good deal for the King's Quest Collection, Jack Keane, The Whispered World, Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1, and Puzzle Agent. I've done my part, have you?

Source: Telltale Blog [http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-665]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The only way this bundle could rock harder is if they put the Layton games on PC, and then added them to the bundle.

Or the Ace Attorney games.

I don't know when I'm going to get around to playing all of these games, though. I'm still on Season 2 of Sam & Max, damn it all!

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
I hope this manages to hit 5000. I had a friend buy it for me as a birthday gift, and it'd be great to be able to play Sam and Max.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Im only interested in Sam and max season 2 because i really loved season 1 but it doesn't look like it will be unlocked, the bundle doesn't sell at all.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Ah, good. I realized yesterday that I forgot to get this on Friday (d'oh!).

I'm really only getting this for King's Quest, though. Everything else is just a bonus.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
It sounds like a good deal and for a good cause, but I haven't even heard of any of these games, and I still have at least a dozen (probably closer to two) games I've bought and have touched yet...

Anarien

Mar 30, 2007
They should've kept the bonus games a secret, because I know some people are waiting for the unlocks and haven't bought yet because of that. I actually forgot to come back and buy one because I was waiting to see if Puzzle Agent would get unlocked first.

Would be great if they sold 5,000 or more copies, because it's a fine list of charities they have there.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
If Recettear was in this bundle I guarantee that they would have over 9000 in sales :p

Also it's good to hear some charities will be getting what I can only assume is some muched needed funding. It makes me so happy that I can't help but scream, "YEAH [http://orangeapple.com/files/InstantCSI.swf]"

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I would buy this, but I already have PA:OTRSLPOD Episode 1 on my 360, and both Puzzle Agent and Sam and Max season 2 on my PC. The rest of the games don't really interest me, so... it's not worth buying for myself. >_>

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
icyneesan said:
If Recettear was in this bundle I guarantee that they would have over 9000 in sales :p
I'm waiting for a Steam sale on that one myself.
Will probably take a while but it seems very muh a "I'm interested at the concept itself so i'll buy it for an impulse price" kind of deal. Doubt many will finish it considering the amount of games the average steam user has.^^

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
It sounds like a good deal and for a good cause, but I haven't even heard of any of these games, and I still have at least a dozen (probably closer to two) games I've bought and have touched yet...
Pick these up! They rock. The Whispered World is an epic title, beautiful art style, endearing story and a good mix of humour and adventuring puzzleyness.

Onyx Oblivion said:
The only way this bundle could rock harder is if they put the Layton games on PC, and then added them to the bundle.

Or the Ace Attorney games.

I don't know when I'm going to get around to playing all of these games, though. I'm still on Season 2 of Sam & Max, damn it all!
Puzzle Agent is kind of like a Professor Layton title. It's shorter and less challenging but still worth it, so definitely grab the bundle while you can.

I'm going through King's Quest again for the first time in years and it's a amazing to play these again. Plus I never played Penny Arcade on the PS3 and the prospect of getting Sam & Max is a huge bonus, but only if it unlocks so buy buy buy!

jaeger138

Jun 27, 2009
A couple of the games aren't working on all systems extremely well but Telltale are working on patches I believe.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
I'd buy this just so I have the Kings Quest collection but I'm going uni in less than 2 weeks so I can't be spending money on games.