Trials HD Goes Big With One Million Sales

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Trials HD Goes Big With One Million Sales

RedLynx's Trials HD has hit the ultimate in videogame sales milestones.

If you've ever played Trials HD, you know that it'll make you holler expletives at times (though usually in a fun way). Multiply all of those expletives by a million and you've got the amount of curse-word energy that developer RedLynx brought into the world, because it's just been announced that the game is a massive seller.

When the motorsycle/stunt/racing game was first released on XBLA last year, RedLynx was stoked to see 300,000 sales [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94940-Trials-HD-Dev-Stoked-For-300-000-Sales] after a month. The company must be out of its gourd now that the game has sold over one million copies.

This does not include sales of Trials HD's first expansion, the Big Pack, either. These are the numbers from Trials HD sales alone, making me think that RedLynx has quite a hit on their hands.

RedLynx is currently at work on the second expansion which will include Motoheroz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102206-Your-Level-Could-Appear-in-the-Next-Trials-HD-Expansion] for WiiWare.

Games like Trials HD are leading the way for digital distribution, as sales of over a million were once unheard of by a game you didn't see on the shelves at WalMart or GameStop. Digital distribution might never completely take over for brick-and-mortar, but it's definitely a viable platform if developers want to ignore the hassles of retail.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
Congratulations to RedLynx, you've made a fine game. It's bloody hard but a lot of fun. Made me buy Trials 2SE for my PC even though it's not quite as great without people to beat on XBL.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow. Thats fantastic! Goes to prove how much fun it is =D

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
What I love most about this type of thing, and digital distribution generally is that they never have to clear shelf space for new stock, so you don't end up missing a game because it wasn't a huge seller and was taken off the shelves after two or three weeks!