Tokyo Game Show: Dead Space: Extraction to Frighten PS3

Fintan Monaghan

May 7, 2010
Tokyo Game Show: Dead Space: Extraction to Frighten PS3

PS3 owners who pick up the limited edition of Dead Space 2 will find a second game free of charge: a Move-compatible port of the Wii's Dead Space: Extraction.

[gallery=16]

Visceral Games' Matt Bendett revealed some bonus content for those willing to shell out for Dead Space 2 limited edition ... a whole other game!

Originally released on the Wii in late 2009, Dead Space: Extraction has been given the high definition treatment and retooled for the Playstation's new Move controller. Bendett was also keen to point out that the game will have trophy support and drop-in/drop-out co-op gameplay.

A prequel to the original Dead Space, Extraction is on-rails shooter following a small group colonists trying to survive the Necromorph onslaught on the Aegis VII mining colony. The game introduces a new heroine, Lexine to the fiction and as the crew fall victim to a mysterious contagion aboard the ship, it becomes clear that protecting her may be their only hope for survival. Set three weeks before the events of the first game, the story sheds light on the origins of the monstrous Necromorphs and the infestation of the USG Ishimura.

Whats more, those of you with limited shelf space will be glad to hear that both games will share a single BluRay disk.

TGS 2010 reporting is done jointly by Fintan Monaghan and Lisa Gay.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Well, damn. I just bought Extraction a month ago for Wii and still haven't played it, or gotten around to playing through the first on PC yet, either. Oh well, guess since it is just a port I can get the second on PC (hopefully it is coming on PC) if I ever have time to complete them...

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wait will Extraction only be able to support move and not the sixaxis controller?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Ooh, interesting. Depending on if the main game is good, I might get that.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Well thats pretty awesome but I cant be bothered getting Move until the amount of games available for it increases.

BritishWeather

Mar 22, 2010
Marik2 said:
Wait will Extraction only be able to support move and not the sixaxis controller?
the Dualshock works with extraction if your worried about being seen flailing dildo's in your living room.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
BritishWeather said:
Marik2 said:
the Dualshock works with extraction if your worried about being seen flailing dildo's in your living room.
I was just thinking that it was unfortunate that I'd need the move to enjoy this, but your statement just convinced me to pre-order DS 2. Thank you.