Stalin vs.Martians: The Alexander Shcherbakov Interview

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stalin vs.Martians: The Alexander Shcherbakov Interview

With a name like Stalin vs. Martians, it has to be good. How good? "Pac-Man with guns and weird jokes and bears" good.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Now this guy I like and I definately am looking forward to this wacky game. I might even try to get it in Russian just for giggles.

Normally I suck at RTS games so this might be a positive change from the insane micromanaging of some games.

Fun quotes from thier website:

"Vopros: What's your inspiration?
Otvet: Vodka, samovar, borscht and pirogi."

"Power-ups are left after the enemy unit dies. You can collect them. There are five types of coins:
- Money. You can buy reinforcements if you have sufficient funds.
- Armor upgrade. The lifebar of your unit will be enlarged like that penis in the spam letters you receive.
- Attack power improvement. You can kill the bastards more easily.
- Speed up. Your units will move faster. Upgraded infantry can even run with a speed of a tank. Or a member of Kenya Olympic team.
- Meds. The pills make you feel better, even if you are, err, a howitzer. Heals your HP."

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
We desperatly need more game developers like this (or these). Now I finally feel what I felt back in the 90's when thinking about a game design studio: a team fueled with phenomenal idiots, whacky geniuses and mad scientists. A swiss watch-like machine of a team, who can make anything happen on the screen, all fueled by tons of coffeine pills, pizza and loads of idiotic humour.

This game just can't be bad. It just can't.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
15 man studio + invincible sense of humor + haven't been killed by Putin yet = Awesomeness.

Seriously, this is the country that made Tetris. TETRIS!!!

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
L.B. Jeffries said:
15 man studio + invincible sense of humor + haven't been killed by Putin yet = Awesomeness.

Seriously, this is the country that made Tetris. TETRIS!!!
Dont forget about Братья Карамазовы or Vodka!

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Wow. all I could think for the whole time reading this email was "what the fsck?"

But, mind you, this sounds brilliant. I probably won't ever play the game, but still... it's good to see people doing crazy stuff like this.

trooper87

Mar 22, 2008
I would not hesitate for one second on a game like this! Anything made from a small company that is just for some great humor or the like seems really cool.

cheesecake123

Nov 1, 2008
i really hope they do well and not make their banks mad because there is no createtivity in the videogame industry and this will be a breath of fresh air