Peter Molyneux's Son Begs Valve for Half-Life 3 on Video

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Peter Molyneux's Son Begs Valve for Half-Life 3 on Video

Lucas Molyneux really wants Half-Life 3. He really, really, really wants it.

Milo's fate may be in doubt [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103717-Rumor-Work-Halted-on-Project-Milo], but a flesh-and-blood counterpart is still around - Peter Molyneux's son Lucas.

In the video above, Lucas delivers a very earnest message to the folks over at Valve, asking them to please hurry up and release Half-Life 3. No, not Episode 3, Half-Life 3. He's rather understanding about the situation, though: "I'm really looking forward to Half-Life 3, but I know you've got Portal 2 and a load of other games on your hands," he says.

"It's been a long time that I've been waiting, but I've been trying to entertain myself with Portal and everything. I think you make really great games and stuff, and my dad does as well."

Naturally, no father would ever miss a chance to embarrass his son on camera, and Peter Molyneux doesn't disappoint, leaning into the picture and reminding viewers to buy Fable III instead of Half-Life 3 - much to the adorable consternation of Lucas. That shouldn't be hard, Peter, since only one of those games actually exists in public.

It's a silly video, but it's kind of charming too, in a way. I mean, if nothing else it's adorable that the kid thinks that there's actually going to be a demo of the game sometime soon.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/23/video-peter-molyneuxs-son-begs-for-half-life-3/])

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Bawwww.
That was awesome!
Who wants to bet that some Valve employee gets their kid to do a reply?
Anyone? Anyone?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Pretty sure he's getting flown to Valve's offices for a Portal 2 preview.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I think we all want another Half-Life game. That was pretty charming though.

Gerrawn

Apr 2, 2009
That's adorable, but it will probably be released when the kid is about 70 years old or so.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Dawwwwwwww~~~~~~~

Very adorable.

Baby Tea said:
Who wants to bet that some Valve employee gets their kid to do a reply?
I'd take that bet. Seems like I'd have a pretty good chance of winning.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
DazZ. said:
Pretty sure he's getting flown to Valve's offices for a Portal 2 preview.
I could actually see that happening. Though I bet he'd still be disappointed that it wasn't Half-life 3.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Nice kid. Is he old enough, I mean on a legal level? Mentally he seems very fit and capable of dealing with it.

The Journey

Jul 12, 2010
Syphous said:
I'd like to hear what Valve has to say about this video.
Me too. It was adorable though, if only because it was so genuine. I think Valve really need to release a response to this and not a satirical one aimed at his father.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Oh, The Molyneuxs. ^.^

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve knew about this.
If Fable came to PCs, I'd totally be over it.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
He is peter molyneux's son, he has a dinosaur shirts.
He is officilly the most awsome child alive.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
My god Peter Molyneux gave birth to a day-walker!?!?

OT: Well I believe Valve have been well and truely told...to buy Fable 3. Good job kid.