Pokemon Made Real

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Pokemon Made Real

Gaming is overwhelmingly online these days, but we can't forget the fun to be had face-to-face.

Read Full Article

Dr Bob

Mar 17, 2010
I would so go to one of these if they came to the UK.

(More specifically Brighton, south-east).

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Dude! I so want to do this!
If only I had known...
And had a team ready...
...and had been a PAX...

Whatever, still an awesome idea!

ayvee

Jan 29, 2010
Wow, and I thought it was cool that the convention I recently attended had just one person doing something like this. This sounds awesome.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Not to be gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but that picture is WAY better than the old constipated one.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Phenomenal. Quite literally, I think, considering how well this could spread to other conventions. Pokemon is still a wild fan base, so it stands to reason that this would be a hit. Good job to Patrick, then, for getting it moving.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
That is genius. Wow, this just blows me away with how awesome it is. Bravo, Professor Pine. Bravo.

Now I really, really want to go to PAX East for one more reason

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Dr Bob said:
I would so go to one of these if they came to the UK.

(More specifically Brighton, south-east).
Word Neighbor.

I would school those kids. Course I need to actually find out where my DS is...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
MirrorSweep said:
Thats overwhelmingly awesome.

Who would John Funk's ice team consist of I wonder.
The one I have? Abomasnow, Weavile, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Walrein, Froslass.

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
... just awesome! There's nothing quite like Pokemon for talking to your friends, bragging rights, etc. -- and I can't think of anything else that could do anything REMOTELY like this!

Rawle Lucas

Aug 19, 2010
I never even thought of anyone doing anything like this.

It would sure be interesting to play at this sort of thing in a convention, though there's a good chance that the competitive players (google "Smogon University" -- those guys are maniacs) would rule the roost, or the Gym Leaders would be competitive players themselves.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I never really paid attention to pax but now if this ever happens again I will go there no matter the cost!

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I am now going to PAX next year. No doubt about it. I'm bringing my lv. 100 HeartGold team for some righteous ass-kickery. But a serious kudos to the PAX league. I havn't had a face-to-face battle since the 90's.

You know, back when you could still do that in public and not get laughed out of the room.

TLatshaw

Aug 30, 2010
Nerdery at its most creative, fun and awesome.

Did I miss how Team Rocket is actually able to mess things up?

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Aww I wish I had known. I haven't battled IRL in ages, it would have been nice to shake the rust off. As fun as it is fighting online (I use Shoddy battle, lacking WiFi), it was always best when they were right next to you.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Off topic, wow, there's been a lot of people appearing as Touhou characters at conventions lately. I'd make a joke, but the two people who would get it wouldn't be reading this.

This makes me really want to go to PAX, just to go through the League.