Sucker Punch Would Give "Serious Thought" to Making InFamous 3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Sucker Punch Would Give "Serious Thought" to Making InFamous 3

A third visit to the world of [a href="http://www.amazon.com/Infamous-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK7ZOE/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285601070&sr=8-1"]InFamous[/a] isn't out of the question, according to developer Sucker Punch.

With the release of InFamous 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Infamous-2-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0GX88/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285600972&sr=8-1] drawing ever nearer, developer Sucker Punch is considering where to go next, and says that if Sony wanted it to make another InFamous game, it would be sorely tempted.

Despite years of working on Sony exclusive titles, Sucker Punch is an independent studio and could work on a multiplatform title if it chose to, but it sounds like Sucker Punch co-founder Bruce Oberg is happy with things just the way they are.

Oberg called his studio's relationship with Sony "incredible," and said that he considered Sucker Punch fortunate to be able to work with a "top-flight publisher" that let developers make the games they wanted to make. He added that Sucker Punch loved the PlayStation platform, and said that it was a "killer technological platform for [Sucker Punch] to work on." Oberg said that if Sony were to approach Sucker Punch and ask it to make a third InFamous game, it would give the matter "serious, serious thought." He thought that publishers that allowed developers to work on new IPs were "few and far between," and considered not actually owning the InFamous brand a small price to pay for getting the chance to make it.

Presumably, the fate of InFamous 3 will depend on how InFamous 2 sells when it's released next year.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-27-will-sucker-punch-create-infamous-3]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Only if we get a new character. Who is even remotely likable.

I'm getting Infamous 2, but I highly doubt that it will make Cole likable.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Sucker Punch would give "Serious Thought" to making InFamous 3. (read: if Infamous 2 sells bucketloads)

May 25, 2010
Fine with me. Just please end the trilogy properly and move on to something else. The moment anything goes beyond the third installment, it starts to get ugly.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Sounds good as long as there's a reason to do so.

When developers just keep making games for no reason, things start to turn rather ugly as it just becomes for the money.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
Fine with me. Just please end the trilogy properly and move on to something else. The moment anything goes beyond the third installment, it starts to get ugly.
Depends, imagine gaming without 5th Zelda (Ocarina of Time).

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
I don't really believe in 2-part stories. No one really makes them. If you make a second game, you go for the trilogy. If you make a second book, you go fgor the trilogy. If you ONLY make 2 books, you got for a tie-in.

I read from this: We're making a second, but we're going to make a pathetic vague attempt to keep you guessing.

Cole was interesting, even if you were helping citizens left, right, and center, Cole only ever mentioned caring about Trish and getting off the island. Suckerpunch failed to tweak the story based on your actions and so Cole still came off as a self-centered ass even if he was a good guy.

This time he seemed like a bad ass in the trailer, but he was t alking about thugs praying on the week. I onyl hope they change the story so that if you're a good guy, he actually comes across as one

May 25, 2010
CK76 said:
Zelda storyline is always the same. After a single storyline goes beyond the third installment, all we're gonna see is pathetic attempts by sequel writers trying to keep the thing going. Zelda never had that problem, because it's always the same, plot-wise.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
"He thought that publishers that allowed developers to work on new IPs were "few and far between," and considered not actually owning the InFamous brand a small price to pay for getting the chance to make it."

Wait... what?

He's saying how wonderful it is to work on a new IP, while at the same time discussing the prospecct of a third installment.

Am I missing something here?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Dosnt surprise me. They found something people want - And so will milk that puppy for all its worth!

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I'm looking forward to InFamous 2 (I loved the first one). I know I'll get it when it comes out. I only hope they'll consider a third if the story actually calls for it; if it's going to be tacked onto the end of the first two, it won't end well.
[sub]But maybe this is a bit premature, considering the second game hasn't been released.[/sub]

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Jharry5 said:
But maybe this is a bit premature, considering the second game hasn't been released.
You beat me to it. Why are we talking about Infamous 3 when 2 isn't even out yet? Depending on how it sells, there might not be a budget for a third.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
CK76 said:
Zelda storyline is always the same. After a single storyline goes beyond the third installment, all we're gonna see is pathetic attempts by sequel writers trying to keep the thing going. Zelda never had that problem, because it's always the same, plot-wise.
In story I agree, but gameplay wise games can go past 3 mark. So depends if like Infamous for its story or gameplay.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Here's hoping they don't. It's already bad enough that they're making a second of those turds.