Your Happiest Memories Could Appear in Child of Eden

gregoryg

Mad Scientist
Jul 13, 2010
Your Happiest Memories Could Appear in Child of Eden

The creators of [http://www.amazon.com/Child-Eden-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H8FK/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285703969&sr=8-1] want to use your favorite photographs as a morale booster while you speed through their final level.

Have you ever wanted to show up in a videogame? While an epic role-playing game based on your life will probably never be made, there is a chance that you could wind up in the upcoming shooter - and spiritual sequel to the cult hit Rez - Child of Eden. To better convey the dual themes of hope and happiness, Child of Eden's creator's are soliciting photographs of players' happiest moments to seed throughout the game's final level.

This initiative, called "The Journey Project," will build a virtual mural out of photographs submitted by Eden fans. To participate, all you need to do is upload your favorite photographs to the website [http://www.childofedengame.com] starting this afternoon.

Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Creative Director on Child of Eden, made it clear that the themes of the game are "hope and happiness," adding that he wants "players to experience happy feelings every time they play the game." He hopes to better convey that theme by layering the final level with these user-submitted photos.

Are you wondering what to submit? The game's developers are looking for any photo that conveys "good vibes," which apparently includes smiling faces, beautiful nature shots, stunning landscapes, and other happy or positive images. A couple of fantastic choices might be your son's first birthday or a picture of that time that your cat wore a Batman cape. Pictures from an oil spill or films involving the Rez vibrating controller, on the other hand, should probably be left on your computer.

I'll leave that decision up to your own discretion, just make sure that you get those photos in before submissions close on November 20th.

Child of Eden will launch early next year for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
i just saw the trailer and all i can say is " WHOA!!!"

looks reallly cool cant wait for it! not sure about me wanting to submit a photo though lol

Ki11erHyde

Nov 3, 2009
To bad depictions of world wide destruction doesn't meet ever standards for "good vibes". Meets mine just fine though.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Heh, what can I say, my first thought was something along the lines of One Hour Photo :p

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I was wondering how they would get images of my happiest childhood memory (playing doctor with Amy B. at an all night skate when we were 8).

Tempest Fox

Oct 18, 2008
Seems like the Stateside hopefuls are out of luck though...

Be resident in one of the following countries: France (including Corsica and the French Overseas Departments and Territories), Spain, Italy, Germany, the UK, the Netherlands and Japan
Source: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/child-of-eden/v2/us/rules.html

Been reading through the terms & conditions and I'm not seeing anything mentioned about any of the North American areas unless there's something I've completely missed (which is certainly possible). Still, it's a cool idea nevertheless.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
A curious concept, but I first thought it was just going to be your own personal pics showing up in the final stage in your own personal version. I don't know if I'm really interested in snaps of other peoples "happy memories" showing up in my game though.

Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.