First Resistance 3 Images Float to the Surface

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
First Resistance 3 Images Float to the Surface

What are being reported as the first images from the upcoming Resistance 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-3-Playstation/dp/B003O6E67A/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285706165&sr=8-1] have hit the tubes and they're looking mighty fine indeed.

A little over a dozen images, including in-game shots and a few pieces of concept art allegedly from the in-the-works shooter Resistance 3, turned up on a Flickr account today. The existence of the game is no surprise; it actually first came to light in a bizarre fashion made it official [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95373-Billboard-Announces-Resistance-3-Very-Very-Early] in August with a live-action trailer and a promise that more details would be "coming soon."

"Soon" appears to be "now" and while Sony has yet to confirm that these screens are the real deal, they certainly look the part. Then again, all that's really known about the game now is what was revealed on that Shreveport billboard: that it will be set at least partially in New York and will probably come out sometime in 2011. We've reached out to Sony for confirmation (or denial) and will let you know if either happens to arrive. In the meantime, check out the full catalog of what sure looks like Resistance 3 images at flickr.com [http://www.flickr.com/photos/53510290@N05/with/5033650076/].

via: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/28/first-resistance-3-images-hit-knock-world-out/]

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Nice, me want! Also after watching that "real" video i really was intrigued..

Also got both other Resistance games, so this is a sure buy..

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Only played the first one, reminded me of Gears for the 360, still pretty cool though.

When/If i get a PS3, i might check the series out.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Oooo... picture looks pretty.

I always wanted to play the Resistance games. They remind me of Gears of War (which I love), but set in WW2. And I always liked the look of the Chimera. Too bad I dont own a PS3.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Well okay i have to admit i am looking into a PS3 as it has made such a come back the last year or so.But is it just me or does Resistance 3 have a castle wolfinstein feel to it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
FargoDog said:
They look promising. I just hope they reshape the horrible story after they literally put a bullet in it at the end of the second game.
Ha, I see what you did there. I agree though. The story, and characters, seem lacking. I'm more interested in what you learn if you read the intel in Co-op. The only character I care about is Parker from the first game, and she was sorely lacking in Resistance 2. Hopefully she'll be in the 3rd one.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
God almight what in hells name is that brute? o_O

is that a revamped Titan?, very edgy

Looks to be shaping up anyway

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Awwww. I remember how first one involved the UK countryside - That was fun =D

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Pictures may look nice, but they need to remember to putting back local co-op, and not having the worst possible story.
So let's take the refined gameplay and amazing set pieces from R2 and slap R1's co-op, and good story, then we'll have a mighty fine game there.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Pictures may look nice, but they need to remember to putting back local co-op, and not having the worst possible story.
So let's take the refined gameplay and amazing set pieces from R2 and slap R1's co-op, and good story, then we'll have a mighty fine game there.
they should do the Halo that combines 2 player local coop with the ability for friends to join from online.

BritishWeather

Mar 22, 2010
The first one is one of my favorite games playing in the U.K was awesome but......
the 2nd one: they changed his (Nathan Hale) voice, removed the narrator and added an crazy plot.

Edit: Multiplayer was Good

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
These pics look awesome! I like how the new Chimera are really menacing and have changed into grotesque forms that no longer resemble a human body like the Long Legs there. I also like how bleak everything looks which really puts into perspective how devastating the Chimera are to the landscape wherever they go. It would seem that Hale is not going to be our main protagonist as we see photos of Capelli with Hale noticeably absent. Capelli looks pretty damn worse for wear though, wonder if he has managed to stay sane. Anyway, these photos have made me even more exicted for the release of this game. I am a huge fan of the Resistance series and I cannot wait for what appears to be the conclusion of the series to come out. Death to the Chimera!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Son of a gun, the member has been deleted, I missed out!

I'm fairly excited for Resistance 3, I loved the first one, and while the second one didn't really have that "charm" that the original did I still enjoyed it a fair bit.

I'll be keeping this as a large blip on my radar.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
FargoDog said:
They look promising. I just hope they reshape the horrible story after they literally put a bullet in it at the end of the second game.
It was pretty painful how they ret-conned in that whole "secret american super soldier" conspiracy thing. They should have left the origins more "mysterious". instead they wound up making it stupid and confusing. Not to mention numerous gameplay complaints.