Cop Arrested for Shoplifting Videogame

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Cop Arrested for Shoplifting Videogame

A Hawaiian cop was arrested for shoplifting a videogame at a Honolulu Walmart. Somebody call the Five-O.

On September 10th, 2010, Officer John F. Rapozo alleged stole a videogame, among other items, from a Walmart in Pearl City, Hawaii. Rapozo is a member of the Narcotics-Vice Division in the Honolulu Police Department. The chief of police issued a statement that he was "deeply concerned" over Rapozo stealing a videogame, one of three arrests of police officers just this month in the Hawaiian city.

"The department holds its officers to a higher standard than the general public, and every allegation or complaint is fully investigated," Chief Louis Kealoha said. "Criminal cases involving officers are conferred with the prosecutor's office to determine whether charges will be filed. It's important to note that even cases that do not result in criminal charges are still subject to administrative review or disciplinary action."

That's all well and good, but I'm more worried about what videogame he allegedly stole. The title is not reported, unfortunately.

What do you think it was? Need for Speed? SWAT? Max Payne? Who knows, maybe it was an old school copy of Police Quest?

Help me out, what game was it?

Source: Gamepolitics [http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/hawaiinews/20100929_Officers_arrest_third_for_HPD_this_month.html]

(Image [http://www.flickr.com/photos/lolotahiti/144391779/])

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Dead to Rights: Retribution?
Maybe it was GTA or Saint's Row, ooh, I can already hear the controversy!

"And I'm joined by Jack Thompson to discuss: Are violent videogames causing our cops to go off the rails?"

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
Wow... corrupting an honest police officer like that. Videogames must truly be the work of the devil....

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
It was probably <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_the_Unlikely>Lester the Unlikely.

Such a horrible fantastic game.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Picture of the Boston Police, discussing the Five-O?

How positively odd.

And my bet's on Reach.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
twm1709 said:
...an honest police officer...
Those words in conjunction seem less and less likely the older I get and the more I read, hear, and see.

A more appropriate "h" word seems, in many cases, to be "hypocritical."

Or maybe I'm a cynic.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
You know if a cop can't afford to buy a videogame, corruption in Hawaii must be rife. Bring back McGarret!

BTW I'm guessing a mint copy of Hill Street Blues: The Game for PC.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I am sure the department is going to be doing alot of digging on its own people now...

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
*My reaction* pfffHAHAHAHA! Are you serious?!
In all seriousness: This isn't exactly news, it's just funny. People shoplift all the time. It only made the news because it was a cop. Cops aren't above breaking the law, and games are expensive. Odds are he couldn't afford the new big release and got desperate.

Now if he was stealing GTA4 or Saint's Row 2, then this would have been f***ing hilarious. But my bet's either Halo Reach or maybe Dead Rising 2.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Jbird said:
"Gotta have my Pokemon fix, maaaaan!"
Yeah probably.

But hey, could be worse, he could have stolen Civ 4, they wouldn't see him for WEEKS!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
I'm betting it was Halo Reach, but the irony of it being GTA would be too delicious to not consider.