New Duke Nukem Footage Surfaces, Blows Stuff Up

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
New Duke Nukem Footage Surfaces, Blows Stuff Up

Gearbox's new footage of Duke Nukem Forever has everything you could want: crazy violence, delightful sexual content, and it's all pretty funny.

Gearbox's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103300-Gearbox-Plans-a-Duke-Nukem-Demo>involvement with Duke Nukem Forever has generated a lot of excitement about the game, primarily because we know the damn thing is actually going to come out. Currently, Gearbox seems to be taking the project around the world to show it off to fans, which means that a new video of the game in action has surfaced from an event in Amsterdam.

The video's pretty funny, actually, once you get past Randy Pitchford being obnoxious and spending two minutes telling the crowd how lucky it is to see the footage. However, after that, there's about five minutes of actual gameplay to watch. It's suitably over-the-top (just as everyone expects a Duke Nukem game to be), and the ending is a hysterical bit of self-satire.

So far, Duke Nukem Forever looks like it'll be a great deal of fun when it comes out in 2011 for the PS3, 360, and PC platforms. However, Gearbox might want to consider only showing the gameplay next time ... Pitchford's attempts to amp up a crowd are cringe-inducing.

Source: Geek.com

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
looks pretty damn cool, caused me to go dl duke 3d from gog.com since its on sale there for like 3 bucks
I really hope they dont eff it up in some way

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
Looks, pretty sweet, I kind of wish i was old enough to have played the original and want this game a ton.
at first i was afraid of it becoming a generic 1st person shooter, but after that 4rth wall thing, i can rest easier.
also that guy was annoying as crap.

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
Meh, I will wait to see reviews of it first. It looks interesting but I am not old enough to experience the nostalgia of Duke Nukem.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Wow, it looks........bad. I still honestly cant see anything coming out of this game other than just another overhyped FPS.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
ah, duke nukem. first time i saw tits in a videogame was playing the origional when I was 5 years old. come to think of it, that was the first time ever.

PipBoy2000

Oct 7, 2009
the gameplay looks ok, i guess, but is it just me, or this entire video has a very juvenile feeling to it?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hehe. That was...

Well, considering the hype and jokes they have to deal with, that was brilliant. XD

May 25, 2010
wooty said:
Wow, it looks........bad. I still honestly cant see anything coming out of this game other than just another overhyped FPS.
Thing is, we need an FPS like Duke Nukem again. If this game sells, it'll be a sign of good things to come, imo.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I've already come to terms with the fact that I'll be getting this game regardless of what reviews say (if it does indeed come out). Though the gameplay footage actually looked fun (interactable objects seem remarkably well done). Let's hope Gearbox doesn't have the same problems as they did with Borderlands (ie, put all the humor up front, only to add a LOT more in DLC. Seriously, nothing in the core game really matched 9 Toes opening text for me).

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Wow that was awesome and it looks like exactly what I have wanted from a FPS for a long time and that is simple fun, No gritty real world wars, No Space Marines, Just pure simple run and gun fun in all its Wonderful Campy Misogynistic Cheesy glory.

the rabidrabit

Aug 25, 2008
It looks awesome but Duke has hurt me so many times, I think I'll approach it with a healthy dose of sceptisism. Better to be pleasantly surprised than hugely disappointed. Again.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Now how am I supposed to respect a game where one can't even draw a cock on one's first attempt.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
PipBoy2000 said:
the gameplay looks ok, i guess, but is it just me, or this entire video has a very juvenile feeling to it?
Compared to spending 10 minutes online on Modern Warfare 2 or Halo, this game is the pinnacle of man-ness. If you still think that, then loosen up and enjoy the fun, as it was intended.

OT: Well, that looked awesome, and to all people who live near the Manabar...

Calumon: I'm here to Hug Jack and Post here, but my throat is sore... : (

Jack: Awww... do you want me to get you a *Calu-hug to the face*

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I have lost all respect for you, Duke. You were clearly getting piss on the floor: only douchebags piss on the floor at urinals.
Nah but seriously the game looks kinda eh. Not terrible but not looking too fun either.

PipBoy2000 said:
I think it had a lot to do with Randy swearing too much.