Jimi Hendrix Rocks Out on 2,000th Rock Band Track

gregoryg

Mad Scientist
Jul 13, 2010
Jimi Hendrix Rocks Out on 2,000th Rock Band Track

The number of available Rock Band tracks soars past 2,000 just in time for Rock Band 3.

How many nights have you spent pressing buttons on plastic instruments with your friends? During those nights, how many tracks did you buy In the midst of an alcohol-induced haze? More importantly - was it really a good idea to pour your heart out to Jesse's Girl in front of your best friend's wife? While there's no helping those that have already fallen into that particular trap, at least you'll never run out of alternative, less embarrassing song choices. With this week's new track releases, players will now have over 2,000 songs to choose from at their next party.

The release of The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "Are You Experienced" today will mark the 2,000th song available for Rock Band - a number that includes both core games, the Lego and band-specific spinoffs, and downloadable content packs. This week's collection of tracks also hits another milestone, bringing the number of bands featured in the games up to an impressive 800.

While these are both fairly staggering numbers, Rock Band developer Harmonix is celebrating an even larger milestone. The number of purchases from the in-game store has recently passed seventy-five million. That's a whole lot of two dollar downloads.

If you are one of the gamers that has actually bought a few hundred of these songs - and I know a few of you - the song selection interface has probably gotten a bit unmanageable. To make your life just a little easier, Harmonix has announced that Rock Band 3 will feature a number of song-sorting tweaks, the ability to create and share setlists, and a recommendation engine that tosses up song suggestions based on what you and your friends have been playing all night.

[http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Keyboard-Software-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B003RRTWSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286381502&sr=8-1] will be released both stand-alone and in a bundle with a keyboard on October 26th.

Source: Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30819/Rock_Band_Catalog_Hits_75_Million_Downloads_2000_Songs.php]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Now THAT is what I call post game DLC support.

One reason I've been trying to convince myself not to buy Rock Band 3 is the hundreds of dollars I'd spend on DLC.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I'm more of a Guitar Hero kinda guy myself, but i admit i've spent a fair bit of money and hours on that.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Yet more corporate suits get to make money off of another dead genius.

And with goddamn DLC of all things.

J a m m y

Apr 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Now THAT is what I call post game DLC support.

One reason I've been trying to convince myself not to buy Rock Band 3 is the hundreds of dollars I'd spend on DLC.
I'm almost completely certain Harmonix has said DLC will be transferable into RB3. I can't recall where it was, but I'm sure if you look at the Rock Band site it will be there somewhere.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Let's tie another name on this dead horse as we continue to beat every last penny out of it. Where's my damn Accordion Hero?!

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Wow, the Escapist really doesn't care for Rock Band, do they? It's a shame. I probably have more play time on that than any other individual game ever. I play it so very often with my friends and it's become a really great time. I even have people giving me money to download songs they want. Shit is so cash.

As for the topic, I don't know anyone who enjoys playing Jimi on Rock Band. There are a hundred other artists I'd put before him as a landmark, but (for reasons I still don't understand) a lot of people love him. I guess I can't complain too much. Besides, that REM 8-Pack this last week was a great purchase.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Never realised there werre so many!? Still needs more J-Rock though!