Grab Your Guns and Fight Like a Girl Against Cancer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Grab Your Guns and Fight Like a Girl Against Cancer

The guns will blaze at the fifth annual Fight Like a Girl Tournament, a weekend-long online Halo [http://halo.xbox.com/] battle to raise money for breast and cervical cancer research.

So you like Halo and you like boobs. What could be better than putting them together in the name of a good cause? Now is your chance to do just that in Fight Like a Girl, an online tournament that raises money for breast and cervical cancer research. FLAG debuted in 2006, raising $777 with a Bungie [http://www.amazon.com/Halo-2-Xbox/dp/B00008J7NZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286399384&sr=8-1] employees.

Entry fees are $10 per person or $20 per team, with all proceeds going to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition [http://www.komen.org/]. Last year, FLAG brought in over $6000, bringing its total donation to cancer research to more than $15,000. And for those who want to kick in for a good cause but don't feel like playing, FLAG also takes straight-up donations of any amount via PayPal.

So, to recap: Halo, boobs, good cause and prizes too. It's like you can't lose! The 2010 Fight Like a Girl Tournament takes place on October 23 and 24. Learn more and jump into the action at flagtournament.com [http://flagtournament.com/].

Apr 28, 2008
hehehe, $777

Awesome.

Anyway, looks interesting. Now that I have money, and am old enough, I may actually enter in this. Provided I can convince one of my friends to do it with me.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Well, I like boobs, and I like Halo, but I don't like breast cancer. :<

If only I could enter, oh well, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I've always fought wholeheartedly against breast cancer.

Anything that attacks boobs is the enemy and must be destroyed.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well yes, I do like boobs. Not so much Halo, though. Off to find their Paypal thing I suppose!

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
While the cause is nice, I wish so many organization's didn't imply that just girls get breast cancer. Equality is nice and all that.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Reach For Breasts!

Forgive the horrible pun bit it is basicly how I feel and what I will probably do.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
While the cause is nice, I wish so many organization's didn't imply that just girls get breast cancer. Equality is nice and all that.
True, but manboobies just aren't as fun. Besides, if they find something that works for women, it should probably work on men too, or at least be a good head start on manboobie cancer.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
Eh, nobody really likes moobs, everyone likes regular boobies [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby]. They're so adorable!

OT: Like I said, boobs! Everyone loves them! I hope for a successful tournament, my hat goes off to them!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Great idea. I'm sick of all these high and mighty people with their fun runs and swimming the channel. Let's raise money the only way I know how. By playing Halo!

In high school I actually raised £200 by running a halo 2 tournament for local charities so it is a great way to make money.

Who knows maybe THIS time we'll find the cure for cancer. I mean they held a big race last month and not one of those people found the cure for AIDS. Maybe those people should, you know, do some chemistry because running doesn't seem to cure cancer.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Breast and cervical cancer research... Because no one gives a shit about men getting cancer.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
what dazburger said. Men can get breast cancer too, and other forms, but do we get this? Noo.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
DazBurger said:
Breast and cervical cancer research... Because no one gives a shit about men getting cancer.
Indeed...my charitable contributions are tied up in lymphatic and blood cancer research in honor of my dad, who died of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. But since his boobs were of the man variety, nobody cares about them (haha Dad...hope you dropped that beer gut in the afterlife!)

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Good cause, but I don't own a 360. I've also done my donations for the year to Breast Cancer research, and AIDS research and awareness.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
SimuLord said:
DazBurger said:
Indeed...my charitable contributions are tied up in lymphatic and blood cancer research in honor of my dad, who died of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. But since his boobs were of the man variety, nobody cares about them (haha Dad...hope you dropped that beer gut in the afterlife!)
Yeah, and lets not forget all the awareness being raised about testicular and prostate cancer (the two biggest cancer killers in men)