Force Unleashed 3 Not Dead and Buried, Says Developer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Force Unleashed 3 Not Dead and Buried, Says Developer

The Force Unleashed team is still figuring out what it could do in a third game, said TFU2's [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Unleashed-Xbox-360/dp/B0030EU3TG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1286471183&sr=8-1-spell] project lead Julio Torres.

Reports from earlier in the year that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 3 had become one with the Force might have been a little premature, as Torres said that there is still plenty of opportunity to make a third game.

Speaking to Sci-Fi Now [http://www.scifinow.co.uk/] magazine, Torres said that there was still space in the Force Unleashed timeline - which fills the nearly twenty year period between the end of Revenge of the Sith and the start of A New Hope - to accommodate another game. The gap between the first and second games was around a year, which meant that there were a few years left before the start of the original Star Wars movie for LucasArts to play with.

The timeline was the critical factor, and Torres said that if the team hadn't left itself some breathing room at the end of Force Unleashed 2, then there simply couldn't have been a sequel. He added that the team was figuring out what might happen after Force Unleashed 2 in order to make the canon fit together nicely.

It sounds like the Force Unleashed team is in the very early stages of making a third game, although presumably, a lot of the groundwork has already been laid by the first two games in terms of technology. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 comes out for PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS on October 26th.

Source: Now Gamer [http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4373/force-unleased-3-being-figured-out]

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Trying to fit canon? HA! Darth Vader never had a secret apprentice. Why don't they just say this happened in an alternate world?A world where targeting with the force is ridiculously difficult. I can imagine Luke Skywalker in the wampa cave trying to grab his lightsaber and accidentally locking onto rocks and sticks that then hit him in the face.

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
This really irritates me. TFU1 actually had quite a nice story which was neat,self contained and well-much better than i was expecting in general. Why does everything need sequels? TFU2 looks like one big gimmick 'TFU but now with two lightsabres and Yoda!' And the fact a third one is in the pipe line,whilst unsurprising is still annoying.

Why cant they leave it alone? Its finished. The DLC follows the Darkside ending to its ultimate conclusion and the Lightside ending-well one would have thought that the Lightside ending drew a very final line under Starkiller's story. Apparently not. Just leave it alone!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Thomas Guy said:
Trying to fit canon? HA! Darth Vader never had a secret apprentice. Why don't they just say this happened in an alternate world?A world where targeting with the force is ridiculously difficult. I can imagine Luke Skywalker in the wampa cave trying to grab his lightsaber and accidentally locking onto rocks and sticks that then hit him in the face.
Who says he didn't have a Secret Apprentice? George Lucas made it, he can stuff what the hell he likes in it and it will be cannon (As long as the story doesn't conflict obviously). It's not like the force Unleashed conflicts with any of the Movies is it?

Can't wait to play the second one, i loved the first one, it's so stress relieving to throw Storm Troopers around =D

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I dunno, perhaps they could have his evil twin wielding 3 lightsabers?

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
No. There is nothing left for the third game to do. That's what happens when you make your character an unbeatable demi-god. So no Torres, there's nothing left for the series, just let the poor thing die already.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
NLS said:
What, like Zoro, but with lightsabers?

Is it bad that I'd like to see that?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
arc1991 said:
Who says he didn't have a Secret Apprentice? George Lucas made it, he can stuff what the hell he likes in it and it will be cannon (As long as the story doesn't conflict obviously). It's not like the force Unleashed conflicts with any of the Movies is it?
He's never been worried about conflicting stories before, so why start now? And yes, I'm talking about the movies. I know the EU doesn't "count."

I think a bigger question would be why a secret Apprentice who could yank Star Destroyers out of the sky was less successful than a whiny farm boy who couldn't even lift an X-Wing.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Mandal0re said:
This really irritates me. TFU1 actually had quite a nice story which was neat,self contained and well-much better than i was expecting in general. Why does everything need sequels? TFU2 looks like one big gimmick 'TFU but now with two lightsabres and Yoda!' And the fact a third one is in the pipe line,whilst unsurprising is still annoying.

Why cant they leave it alone? Its finished. The DLC follows the Darkside ending to its ultimate conclusion and the Lightside ending-well one would have thought that the Lightside ending drew a very final line under Starkiller's story. Apparently not. Just leave it alone!
That. I liked the plot for Force Unleashed. I liked how the game had a proper ending (if you beat it Light Side) and creates a parallel Universe if you go Dark. I've never been in favor of the second one and am in no way in favor of a third. Since this is Lucas-arts though, we probably won't have to worry about a fourth but, there is the chance that a spinn-off will spawn based around The Emperor playing Tetris while waiting for those latest Death Star schematics and, for Vader to call him back.

Force Unleashed was a good thing (except for the platforming). It could have happened (as the Sith have a thing where they convulsively try killing each other) but most importantly, it had closure. Someone needs to remind these story tellers what this Closure thing is. I can understand them wanting to add to a popular story but enough is enough a million-times over.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
If they wanna fit the canon they should have made the first game set after the events of the movies, and possibly before the events of Jedi Knight games, or after. I don't care. I'm not really a big fan of the movies, but I don't like it when people fuck up with the canon stories. Force Unleashed was a very bad game. Both story and gameplay sucked. Not to mention the awful voice acting of the protagonist. Damn he was irritating.
I can already tell that they will have lightsaber stiles for third game. It's only logical. First game had you wielding one saber, second will have 2 sabers, third one will have choices between one, 2 and double hilted saber

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
NLS said:
What, like Zoro, but with lightsabers?

Is it bad that I'd like to see that?
i always thought he looked badass..........

OT: he is saying there is room in the timeline. does that mean that there IS room, or that they will MAKE room, because they are money grubbing whores?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
FU1 had a good story and was a nice little addition to the Star Wars cannon, IMO. Took a trivial thing (creation of the rebel alliance) and made a story for it. The second... we'll just have to play. I can buy the whole "clone" thing, but it better not carry on afterwords, or they have an excuse to constantly use this character no matter what heroic death he may have, which is a shame, because in 1, he died a damn good death (lightside).

IF they make a 3 (but I know this IF is really a WHEN), at least use a new character. Starkiller was a had a nice story, maybe someone else could have a story to tell.

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
"...in order to make the canon fit together nicely."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's funny, now if you excuse me, I'm gonna throw a Star Destroyer at those force proof Stormtroopers over there while punching Darth Vader with The Force.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Flamma Man said:
"...in order to make the canon fit together nicely."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's funny, now if you excuse me, I'm gonna throw a Star Destroyer at those force proof Stormtroopers over there while
Hahah! So true!

Well, Ill be happy if they leave it be, its had a good run, it dosnt need much more for itself - It redeemed itself somewhat, im happy with 2

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
I thought the issue wasn't to do with story, I thought LucasArts' new head honcho scrapped the project? Eh, they sound like they're making that statement up on the spot anyway. The sequel is merely the "Oh he was cloned" excuse. Only thing TFU3 could possibly to that's more cliche is have him wake up somewhere with amnesia.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
The force unleashed is cannon? When did this happen?

It's a disgrace that's what it is.