Lego Universe Allows Early Access for "Founders"

valiscari0t

Mar 10, 2010
Lego Universe Allows Early Access for "Founders"

Your Lego dreams can be less than a day away.

If you're reading this, chances are high that you had a Lego collection when you were a kid. I know I did, and even now I yearn to construct little plastic castles, ships, and cities in all of their interlocking glory. For those of us who wish there was a way to merge our childhood imagination with our love of gaming, the upcoming Lego Universe MMO has brought pause to our beating hearts and filled our minds with joyous anticipation.

Yesterday Netdevil announced that due to overwhelming community buzz, it would be allowing all "Founders" (pre-purchasing customers) extremely early access to the upcoming game. Beginning at 10:08am EDT on Friday, October 8 (that's today!), all customers who have already pre-ordered their copy of Lego Universe will be allowed to log in and start building, giving them full access over the entire weekend, a full two and a half weeks before the official launch date.

If you have yet to pre-order your copy, Netdevil urges you to visit your nearest Lego Retail Store, purchase your pre-order of the game, and obtain your Astronaut Minifigure. Get ready to save Imagination!

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I love legos. I still have thousands of them, and I keep getting more. I wonder if this is another pay to play game. If it isn't I might consider getting it.

MorteSphere

Jul 8, 2009
SpcyhknBC said:
Or you could play minecraft, though I'm still very tempted
Or Roblox. Though you can only really tolerate it if you have a working knowledge of Lua and have a saintlike capacity of patience for whiny ten year olds.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
SpcyhknBC said:
good idea, I may as well go play it now...

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
MorteSphere said:
SpcyhknBC said:
Or Roblox. Though you can only really tolerate it if you have a working knowledge of Lua and have a saintlike capacity of patience for whiny ten year olds.
Lua and whiny ten year olds? Seems like having knowledge of the first excludes the other.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
SpcyhknBC said:
Very very true

But does look kinda funky though, makes me thing back to my childhood!

Niveama

Mar 23, 2009
At the moment this game is a monthly pay to play game, although I predict it will at some point go free to play.

Simply because it is aimed squarely at kids in both design and gameplay, how many parents are going to happily pay a monthly fee for "little Jimmy" to play an online MMO I don't know.

Still there is clearly a market for it and building your own house/castle/wildwest fort/pirate base/ninja hideout was certainly fun while I was in the beta.