EA Wants to Give You Dead Space Ignition for Free

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
EA Wants to Give You Dead Space Ignition for Free

Good news, everyone! If you're planning to buy Dead Space 2 and Dead Space Ignition, EA will give you the latter completely free of charge.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101980-Dead-Space-2-Prequel-Infecting-XBL-PSN-This-Fall>Dead Space Ignition is due out on XBLA and PSN later this week, but if you are planning to buy <a href=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00309U0M6/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00309XHD0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GRS7H4PF8Q729AGPBSV>Dead Space 2 anyway, Electronic Arts has a special offer that will save you five bucks. So long as you pre-order Dead Space 2 from a participating retailer, then EA will give you a copy of Ignition at no extra cost.

If you happen to pre-order Dead Space 2 at a participating retail store, you'll be given a code that you can take with you to immediately redeem for a copy of Ignition. Meanwhile, it's being reported that if you already ordered the game from one of these stores, all you have to do is show them your receipt and they'll honor the deal.

A full list of the stores offering this deal hasn't been revealed yet. However, according to Eurogamer, GAME and Gamestation will be giving out codes in Europe, while GamePro reports that Gamestop and Amazon will do so here in North America (though, at the time this article was written, neither of their websites mention the Ignition pre-order deal).

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-11-ea-giving-dead-space-ignition-for-free>Eurogamer

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Commander Breetai said:
Wow; five whole dollars.

EA must feel drunk with power after their victory over Langdell.
at least there getting better at being good. sure their no Valve but i will take EA over Activision and Ubisoft any day.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Dead Space, Dead Space, Dead Space...IS IT 1-25-2010 YET!?!

Seriously, I want this. And the special edition PS3 version has Extraction, I heard.

*Runs off to preorder*

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Commander Breetai said:
Wow; five whole dollars.

Its better then most Preorder deals, What woud you rather have, Another game, or some new skins for your charecter that really doesent matter?

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Um... is something wrong with EA these days? Where is the evil I've grown to know? I'm not complaining, but it's sort of like they looked at Activision and went "Well, they've beaten us completely this time. Let's see if we can try the opposite direction."

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Delock said:
Um... is something wrong with EA these days? Where is the evil I've grown to know? I'm not complaining, but it's sort of like they looked at Activision and went "Well, they've beaten us completely this time. Let's see if we can try the opposite direction."
Hahahahah :D now wouldnt that be something.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Commander Breetai said:
Wow; five whole dollars.

Its better then most Preorder deals, What woud you rather have, Another game, or some new skins for your charecter that really doesent matter?
Oooh! Oooh! I pick game. More games are better than skins.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
The Ambrosian said:
Gamestation don't take your money when you pre-order.
Are you thinking what i'm thinking?
Be careful, elsewise EA shall send their sand ninjas after you.

Anyways, money saved is money saved. This has my interest.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Commander Breetai said:
Wow; five whole dollars.

My old professor at uni used to say "To have 5$ and not have 5$ that is already 10$"

Also thanks for proving my theory that whenever a company tries to do something nice for their consumers someone will always complain that it is 'not enough'.

Mehall

Feb 1, 2010
The Ambrosian said:
Gamestation don't take your money when you pre-order.
Are you thinking what i'm thinking?
Neither do GAME. (Same company, mind.)

Hell, if there's enough codes sitting about (and there always are, there's WAY too many codes to cover the pre-orders, in case of pre-orders of the week of release) you can sometimes ask if they have a spare.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Wait, EA is giving something away for free?

Oh no, Dead Space 2 is going to suck isnt it... they made a game that just says "HAHA! We made you buy this... you are our puppets, now dance... DANCE PUPPETS!". I swear if EA ruined the potential for the Dead Space franchise I am gonna, well... write a letter!

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
I never pre-ordered a game before, but I was always under the impression that it cost you money when you pre-ordered at certain establishments? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that's true the whole saving 5 bucks is a rather moot point isn't it?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Sennz0r said:
I never pre-ordered a game before, but I was always under the impression that it cost you money when you pre-ordered at certain establishments? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that's true the whole saving 5 bucks is a rather moot point isn't it?
Err...when you pre-order you leave a deposit on the game you're pre-ordering. So when you go back to pick it up you just pay off the rest of it. No extra money...at least not where I go.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Mr.Pandah said:
Sennz0r said:
Err...when you pre-order you leave a deposit on the game you're pre-ordering. So when you go back to pick it up you just pay off the rest of it. No extra money...at least not where I go.
Ah I see. Consider me corrected then. Well nice move, EA, you're now roughly on the same level as Remedy handing out free access codes to their Alan Wake DLC, only you didn't really need to pre-order anything to get that.

Really, I'm not complaining, but it's like when your abusive uncle who's been demoralising you for years suddenly gives you a tricycle. It's a nice gesture, though still a little suspect.