Europe Continues to Celebrate Mario With Shiny Red Wii

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Europe Continues to Celebrate Mario With Shiny Red Wii

The Wii is also a gorgeous red and contains a new red Wii Remote Plus (with FlingSmash [http://www.amazon.com/Wii-MotionPlus-Nintendo/dp/B001TOQ8NO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286846705&sr=8-1].

I'm really not mad, because Europe should be getting all of these Mario goodies, but I can't help being curious about when Nintendo will let North America in on the fun. Super Mario Bros. first came overseas in March 1986, so Nintendo could be waiting until next year, but by then the 3DS will be stealing the thunder of these bundles anyway. We'll keep waiting to see if Nintendo of America makes an announcement.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I've never ever cared for red as a color for consoles or controllers. I don't know why, it just doesn't look good to me. I say let them keep it overseas! =P

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
so there release a special edition DSI XL for 25th anniversary when they already announced and have a release for their next handheld?

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
At first, red sounded somewhat refreshing. But then I couldn't stop thinking about all of the (r)ed (or whatever it is) special edition electronics. While I prefer the black, at least it's not as bad as that horrendous purple for the Gamecube.[footnote]Man I want to spray paint mine or something[/footnote]

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
I gotta say, after these new wiis come out, i gotta wonder: why didnt nintendo just sell an assortment of colors to begin with. the wii is a nice fun little paper weight, why shouldnt people be able to choose like with ipods or... paper.

im just kidding around about the paper weight thing, the wii is good for the new super mario brothers game.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
It doesn't matter what nintendo makes anymore they'll still make money...

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Sacman said:
Have to agree with Sacman here. Didn't Nintendo just release a black Wii, or something? I don't even play my Wii, and I don't think that the red suits it. But yeah, I'm sure that Nintendo will still sell millions of these things.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
I'll have to see it when it comes to the US. I need my own Wii anyway, so might as well check out the aniversary edition.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Sacman said:
Just the image I was thinking of. Oh! You're close to five thousand! *highfives*

OT: *Yawn* Whatever. I wouldn't be interested in one of those sets anyway. Just give us the 3DS already :)

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Redlin5 said:
Sacman said:
Just the image I was thinking of. Oh! You're close to five thousand! *highfives*

OT: *Yawn* Whatever. I wouldn't be interested in one of those sets anyway. Just give us the 3DS already :)
High Five!!!
5000th post!!!

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
*Sigh* Nintendo, you and your gimmicks. "OOO ITS RED, ITS DIFFERENT, MUST...HAVE!" Eh, why do I even bother, they're enormous enormity can not be stopped.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
joshthor said:
I gotta say, after these new wiis come out, i gotta wonder: why didnt nintendo just sell an assortment of colors to begin with.
Because if you want it at launch, you'll just get whatever color you like best of those available. And then when they roll out a new color, if you really want that color, you buy the hardware again. Zing! More sales.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
You know what caught my attention here?

"
Tom Goldman said:
a new red Wii Remote Plus (with Wii Motion Plus [http://www.amazon.com/Wii-MotionPlus-Nintendo/dp/B001TOQ8NO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286846705&sr=8-1] technology built in)
I don't know if anyone notices the significance of this little point here...
(and if you did, I don't know if you actually care)

But the black wiis and wiimotes were already being sold with motionplus add-ons as standard...
Now it seems they've built it into the remote itself...

Which is a logical progression, but still something of a surprise move.

It really does seem like nintendo is trying to ensure that motionplus becomes a standard feature for everyone with a Wii doesn't it?

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Sacman said:
That gif gets old fast.

Tenmar said:
Okay just realize guys that Microsoft's Xbox 360 has about 9 different colors for their console.

Resident evil red
Halo reach Silver
White
Black
Halo 3 Green
Call of Duty 4 black

The list just goes on...so no complaining when Nintendo actually has something to celebrate with a new console instead of just a game release.
Good luck trying to convince people on this site about that.