You Won't See These Prostitutes in Fable III

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
You Won't See These Prostitutes in Fable III

You can pay for sex in Fable III, but you won't be doing it with these guys (and gals).

On some level, you really have to admire the folks at Lionhead Studios and their dedication to their craft. In Fable II [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JGDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286919398&sr=8-1] - your characters will be able to purchase the services of prostitutes, both female and male alike. (Hey, what happens in Albion, right?)

This means that some artist - or group of artists - at Lionhead had the rather interesting job conceptualizing a group of sex workers for a semi-Feudal era that never actually existed. Unfortunately for said artists, some of their would-be prostitutes never made it into the actual game for one reason or another.

To the right, you see but a small section of a make Prince himself proud [http://i.imgur.com/L9EsY.jpg].

Alas, we will never see these characters in the final version of the game, which releases October 26 in North America and October 29 in Europe. What a shame.

Well, maybe it's for the best after all.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/12/fable-iii-artwork-shows-rejected-prostitutes/])

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
That image is disturbing. I never used the prostitutes in Fable II anyway. I had 6 wives why would i need a prostitute?

Apr 28, 2008
Fun fact, I hired two prostitutes to see what would happen, we went to my place, and they tried to rob me. They pulled out guns and everything.
So I killed them, got half the town pissed, killed some more, then ran off.
This was in Bloodstone by the way.

Yeah, never trust prostitutes.

I wonder if you can be a prostitute in III... you could wear the clothes in II(for both sexes), but not actually partake. Perhaps you can be a pimp in III... I remember in The Lost Chapters you could find and eventually take over a brothel.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
That image is disturbing. I never used the prostitutes in Fable II anyway. I had 6 wives why would i need a prostitute?
Let me ask you instead... if you had 6 prostitutes, why would you need a wife?

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Everyone needs that bit on the side!

I guess that's par for the course with Peter Molyneux as Lead Designer. This is the man that wanted anatomically correct giant monsters in Black and White. Some of the stuff that was banned I can guarantee was much more... flavoursome than the picture shows.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Do you perhaps know where one might obtain a robe with a heart-shaped cutout over the butt?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Irridium said:
Fun fact, I hired two prostitutes to see what would happen, we went to my place, and they tried to rob me. They pulled out guns and everything.

I thought you were talking about real life until half way though the second line.

I know for a fact I'm the only one to do that, I did my research.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Vrach said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Let me ask you instead... if you had 6 prostitutes, why would you need a wife?
Prostitutes are filthy and untrustworthy Irridium has explained above the kind of shit they pull.

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
Wonder if someones gonna try to stab him like they did when they were forced to draw animal reproductive parts for black and white 1

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Irridium said:

I wonder if you can be a prostitute in III... you could wear the clothes in II(for both sexes).
I did the same thing (except it was three prostitutes, I think) and they robbed me during the time when the screen went black. By that time I was making something like 20000 a day or so, so it didn't really matter if they took 5000.

I did go on a killing spree though because I got into a fight with a barber, who pulled out a gun and tried to shoot me. Then everyone started trying to kill me.

Also, this made me laugh. The designs are brilliant! They fit the world of Fable perfectly.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
on my evil hero, i marrid one and moved into the castle, but she was very demanding.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
bak00777 said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
on my evil hero, i marrid one and moved into the castle, but she was very demanding.
When i moved into the castle none of my wives followed me i was pretty pissed off.. so i killed them and married someone else.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
*Cough sneeze spew coffee everywhere*
What the hell man!?!? I get up from a nice long restful nap to see this!?!?

How can these amazing prostitutes not get into Fable III!