Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition Comes With Art, Soundtrack, and Gun

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition Comes With Art, Soundtrack, and Gun

An online listing has revealed a Dead Space 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-2-Playstation-3/dp/B00309XHD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1286975543&sr=1-1] bundle that is tooled up and loaded for bear.

The necromorphs of the Dead Space games are tricky beasts, because you need a very particular tool to prune their limbs and take them out. An axe or sword would do it, but you need to get awfully close to the monster to use them. Thankfully, the collector's edition of Dead Space 2 gives you access to a plasma cutter both inside and outside the game so you can battle off necromorphs if they try to jump you in the kitchen.

The listing for the collector's edition briefly appeared on Amazon, along with a picture, but was swiftly removed from the site. As well as the replica plasma cutter and the copy of the game, the collector's edition contains a CD soundtrack, a piece of Dead Space art and some exclusive downloadable content. Unfortunately, there's no word on how much the bundle will cost, but going off what publishers have charged for other collector's editions, assuming a price tag of around $100 seems like a safe bet.

Admittedly the picture of the plasma cutter is rather small, but from what I can tell it looks like a pretty detailed replica. Of course, this could turn out to be another Arkham Asylum situation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94246-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Batarang-Fails-to-Impress], where the included batarang was cheap and disappointing, but hopefully the plasma cutter will just as cool as you might hope.

Dead Space 2 is scheduled for release for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on January 25th.

Source: Examiner [http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/amazon-reveals-dead-space-2-collector-s-edition-contents] via Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-13-dead-space-2-ce-has-a-plasma-cutter]

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Please. Can I have? Please?

*starts to frantically look for a place to pre-order*

*fails*

*grunts..*

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
On the one hand: Totally awesome and I want it!
On the other hand: Yay, another game I want on release =_= *puts on already mile long wish list*

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Major problem!! Gamestation and GAME stores in the UK will not sell anything that has realistic guns included. We had to stop orders for the Bayonetta model that came with her guns for this reason. So EA...sort it out now.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
SalamanderJoe said:
Major problem!! Gamestation and GAME stores in the UK will not sell anything that has realistic guns included. We had to stop orders for the Bayonetta model that came with her guns for this reason. So EA...sort it out now.
Technically it's a power tool. Doesn't even looks that much like a gun.

If not, hey there's always play.com or something.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
If the Plasma Cutter is a good quality, this is one collectors edition I would actually consider.

robandall

Jan 25, 2010
If it's full size (unlike the Scaroborough Fair I got with Bayonetta) then I'm definitely getting it!

Cookiegerard

Aug 27, 2009
Sennz0r said:
On the one hand: Totally awesome and I want it!
On the other hand: Yay, another game I want on release =_= *puts on already mile long wish list*
Amen, here in Ireland,in one week, around 3 titles come out at once, and my fund can only afford one......

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Have only bought one Collector's Edition game for my Xbox (Mass Effect 2). The stuff with this looks phenomenal, the Plasma Cutter especially. If it's brought out in the UK I will consider, despite already preordering the standard edition at GAME. Didn't have to pay a deposit though, so it can easily be cancelled.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
This better come to the UK or I am going to RAGE.

Looks very, very awesome though. Me wants it!

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
The plasma cutter is enough to actually make me wanna buy a collectors edition for once.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
probably cost too much and that plasma cutter looks a little small ... pitty T_T

*squints at dlc picture* o_o ... Isaac unatolagist something something something and a picture of armour possibly the advanced suit but with bits highlighted in red. hmm

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That's pretty awesome... I really want this... Well, there's another $100 down the drain because this looks too cool to pass up. 2011 is going to leave me broke.