Duke Nukem Forever Is Big and a Lot of Fun, Says Gearbox

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Duke Nukem Forever Is Big and a Lot of Fun, Says Gearbox

Gearbox's Randy Pitchford says that Duke Nukem Forever will wow people with its size and with its quality.

Duke Nukem Forever [http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Pc/dp/B002I0JAJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287051082&sr=8-1 ] is big. So big, in fact, that people will be astonished at its immense size. That's according to Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford, who called the single player campaign "huge" and said it weighed in at roughly three times the size of Activision's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Pitchford said that people would be surprised at just how long the campaign was, as from an outside point of view, Duke Nukem Forever went from "dead and buried" to "coming out next year" very quickly. Unsurprisingly, he also claimed that the game was great from start to finish, and that while perfection was impossible, anyone who thought that Duke Nukem Forever was anything other than a "big triple A title," would be won over almost immediately.

Obviously, as the ever-so-enthusiastic head of the studio making Duke Nukem Forever, anything that Pitchford says about it has a certain degree of spin to it, but reports from people who have had a chance to play it have been very positive. Duke Nukem Forever is scheduled for release early next year.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=269600]

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Lovely. Here's to hoping it isn't all some elaborate prank, seeing as I would like to see this game released.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Do we get to control every footstep he makes with the bumper controls?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
I.E.D. said:
The funny thing about DNF is that it will come out before HL2 Episode 3. Now, I thought THAT to be impossible.
Now the challenge is on for Valve to beat DNF! lol

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I hope we see many of the classic Duke weapons. Ditch your wussy assault rifles, The Duke uses Old Painless. Would be killer sweet if we got some sort of portable nuclear launcher too.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
I Wonder if it will be like Sacred 2, on 2 Dual layer DVD's or even 3?!

Hell it might have to go right to Blu-Ray QQ means id have to go look for a Blu-Ray Drive and a Spare Sata Port xD already got 3 Dual Layer Dual Layer Writers and 4 HDD's xD

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Hope he's right about it being a climax from start to finish.

DNFは最初から最後までクライマックスだぜ!

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
I.E.D. said:
The funny thing about DNF is that it will come out before HL2 Episode 3. Now, I thought THAT to be impossible.
that's because episode 3 is well underway to become the new DNF.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Seeing lots of promises coming out around DNF now.... anyone else find it potentially coincidental that DNF also stands for "Did Not Finish"?

DarthMudcrab

Oct 10, 2010
Fasckira said:
Seeing lots of promises coming out around DNF now.... anyone else find it potentially coincidental that DNF also stands for "Did Not Finish"?
I seriously posted that on my facebook status about a minute before i read it here, lol. if there hadn't so obviously been a fuckton of money spent on it over the last 13 years i'd be inclined to say it's just some game developer joke on the general public. it is starting to look like moving along though...

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
News flash! Game's producer says their game is totally awesome and you should buy it!

Surprisingly I've gone from "not giving a shit about Duke Nukem Forever" to "You know, I might actually give this one a shot" in a reletively short amount of time. While I did think Gearbox was just taking on Duke so DN:F could finally be released and they'd make sales off the gimmick of the whole saga alone I'm starting to see evidence that they have actually been taking the whole thing seriously and may end up delivering a game that's actually better than mediocre.