Chow Yun Fat's New Film Looks Kinda Like Darksiders

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Chow Yun Fat's New Film Looks Kinda Like Darksiders

grimdark[/I] design. In all fairness to Soi Cheang and the crew of The Monkey King, this is probably just a coincidence. A big, burly coincidence with huge shoulderpads, a demonic-looking horse, and a massive freakin' sword.

(Destructoid [http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/10/this-aint-your-mothers-monkey-king-chow-yun-fat-and-aaron-kwok-join-donnie-yen-in-soi-cheangs-3d-blo.php])

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Dude, it's a picture of War but with an a x on the end of his sword. Even the designs on his sword-ax are the same. The tip that extends beyond the ax are the same too.

not to mention he looks JUST like War...

Wondering how well this will go

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
poiumty said:
Is that a sword-axe?

I think that's a sword-axe.
I think it's called an axe-sword.

And as for the fact that the first picture is't identifiable to the Ox King, I don't know what he means. The guy in the picture totally looks like he's the Ox King, he has horns. Isn't that enough?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
Dude, it's a picture of War but with an a x on the end of his sword. Even the designs on his sword-ax are the same. The tip that extends beyond the ax are the same too.

I smell a lawsuit.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Korten12 said:
Celtic_Kerr said:

I smell a lawsuit.
They MUST be in on it for THIS much replication to take place... I mean... Come on... They can't expect to get away with this

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
AssassinJoe said:
poiumty said:
Is that a sword-axe?

And as for the fact that the first picture is't identifiable to the Ox King, I don't know what he means. The guy in the picture totally looks like he's the Ox King, he has horns. Isn't that enough?
Probablt referring to the original Journey to the west. Sure he's got horns, but he looks intensly demonic. I'm sure they could just as easily twist him into being the monkey king somehow

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Huge shoulderpads, even bigger swords, demonic horses... sound liek wow to me.

ggamer2

May 18, 2010
I totally dig the sword-axe, the only way to make it better is to set it on fire.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
Korten12 said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
I smell a lawsuit.
They MUST be in on it for THIS much replication to take place... I mean... Come on... They can't expect to get away with this
I sincerely hoping you are being sarcastic. You want to talk about theft and Darksiders in one sentence? How about the fact that Darksiders stole practically its whole gameplay from Zelda and the titular Portals from Portal?

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Kimarous said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
Korten12 said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
I smell a lawsuit.
I sincerely hoping you are being sarcastic. You want to talk about theft and Darksiders in one sentence? How about the fact that Darksiders stole practically its whole gameplay from Zelda and the titular Portals from Portal?
Oh for sure. And they outright admitted to the whole thing, what I'm saying is that the compant REALLY can't hide the fact that they stole this.

spider-dork

Oct 6, 2010
Picture of War[Darksiders] + Photoshop = FTW! (Or would it be FTL? >_<)

This is truly ludicrous. Inspiration is one thing but this is absolute thievery.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
AssassinJoe said:
poiumty said:
Is that a sword-axe?

Probablt referring to the original Journey to the west. Sure he's got horns, but he looks intensly demonic. I'm sure they could just as easily twist him into being the monkey king somehow
Honestly finding a Hong Kong Flick that refers to Journey to the West is like finding a shard of glass in he streets of the busy city. AKA very likely.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Someone already mentioned this, but it bears repeating: Darksiders borrowed wholesale play mechanics from several notable gaming franchises, culminating in the outright thievery of portals from, er, Portal. I mean they didn't even bother to change the colors.

Still loved it, though. Can't wait for the sequel.