Anime Review: Soul Eater, Volume 3

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Soul Eater, Volume 3

The Soul Eater train starts to feel like it's going a little bit off-track.

Read Full Article

MadGodXero

Dec 6, 2009
Sorry, but I still say they need to re-make soul eater in the same fashion as Fullmetal Alchemist did. I have nothing against anime going on without the manga, after all the manga is just a basis, but still, I want to see this series as the manga intended it to be as well.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Man, the one anime anime (as in an anime with most of the anime tropes like super powered teenagers going to some kind of hogwarts) just kind of wrecked itself. It was so sad since the introduction of Corna as a real character and his/her struggles between loyality to mother and new friends was a delight to see unfold.

AND WHERE IS THE NEXT SEASON? WHY WON'T IT COME OUT ALREADY!

:'(

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
I watched the anime subbed a few months ago...whereabouts does this volume end? Finish of the series?

It was a good anime, but I agree with you...it kind of lost its way towards the end. A few developments at the very end are introduced and dismissed within a few minutes without explanation...I won't mention what specifically, but it embodies everything wrong with the second half of the series. It just seemed to introduce interesting ideas without developing them, then stopped exploring them shortly afterwards.

From what I've heard though, the whole second half is its own story, branching off from the manga's story completely. I'd love to get a second season, mostly because I'd like to see how it goes without feeling the need to thrust ideas into small brackets to make it to the finish on time.

Jul 22, 2009
I pretty much enjoyed every episode of Soul Eater.

A few more things were introduced but I never really felt lost or overcrowded with information.

I thought the series was great fun and I cant wait for series 2!

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Ahh well.
ill just stick with the Manga then.

I don't mind it when a Anime based of a Manga does its own thing(See FMA) as long as it pulls it off well.
And even then ill still prefer the Manga story over a Anime Add In(See FMA:Brotherhood, THAT'S how you end a story like that, the main character DESERVES to be happy!).

Blazenwizard

Mar 17, 2010
I loved the series but they spent so much time highlighting how cool some the main Characters were. I cracked up when they went to fight the kishin in that undeground passage, they were wearing formal attire. Then professor Stein makes that speech, the cool music starts and everyone is wearing there battle outfits?? Though maybe Black Star would wear his outfit under a tux...

velcthulhu

Feb 14, 2009
Yeah... the anime was only good for about 20 episodes in my opinion. Fortunately, the manga stays good.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
This is probably just beating the dead horse in the room at this point, but seriously, the manga is where its at for this series. maybe in a few years we'll get treated to a reboot ala FMA Brotherhood, but in the mean time, I am wholely enjoying the manga, where as the anime got left behind a while back.

The ONLY thing i prefer from the anime is the fate of Mikage, which i will not spoil here since i am not at all sure where the english volume 3 leaves off.