THQ Letting Kids uDraw This Holiday Season

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
THQ Letting Kids uDraw This Holiday Season

THQ's uDraw is a peripheral unlike any before it, and it's coming out this year.

If you haven't heard of THQ's in August [http://www.amazon.com/uDraw-GameTablet-Studio-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003ZTTCBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287266424&sr=8-1] and was once scheduled for release in 2011. THQ recently announced that it's coming out this year instead.

uDraw is basically Microsoft Paint for the Wii, but it has it's own wireless tablet and pen. Using various tools like stamps and line editors, users can create almost anything they want and export their images on an SD card. Each creation can even be played back in a replay mode to show people how it was made through each stroke.

The uDraw tablet comes bundled with uDraw Studio, but two actual games will launch right alongside it. Pictionary [http://www.amazon.com/Doods-Big-Adventure-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003ZTV9B2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287266424&sr=8-3] will not only use the uDraw tablet, but they'll require it, with more titles planned for 2011. Pictionary is self-explanatory, but Dood's Big Adventure speaks to the potential of the device as a platformer that has players using the tablet to create objects and attack enemies.

uDraw will be released on November 14, 2010 for $69.99, which is not a bad price for a drawing tablet that can also play games. It's yet another unique addition to the Wii's accessory library that should enable people to play new kinds of titles, and who knows what kinds of mods people will create by hacking into it. These types of things tend to fly off of retail shelves, so if you want one this holiday season, you probably should pre-order.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
A Wii graphics tablet? really?

I mean, I'm sure it could be fun, but come on.
Even for someone who likes the Wii this seems a bit much.

Though it would make it possible to copy DS games onto the Wii...

Still, a rather peculiar idea.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Arachon said:
I only have one question... Will this work with Okami?
Exactly what I was thinking.
If they don't do some sort of sequel, or remake it so that it can be used with is, it would seem that they would then hate money.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Dragon_of_red said:
Exactly what I was thinking.
If they don't do some sort of sequel, or remake it so that it can be used with is, it would seem that they would then hate money.
Well, there's Okamiden coming up.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
So it's an iPDad? or one of those drawing thingys for computers? Ninteno is a little late to the party.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Wonder how much pressure sensitivity it will have, that is if it has any at all :/

tjs09

Aug 23, 2010
Stilt-Man said:
Now Nintendo is out of excuses for not bringing Mario Paint to the Wii.
You know, they'd actually do that...right after Super Mario Typing =P

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
tjs09 said:
Stilt-Man said:
Now Nintendo is out of excuses for not bringing Mario Paint to the Wii.
You know, they'd actually do that...right after Super Mario Typing =P
Am I the only one who thinks this user is too young to remember Mario Paint?

I'm kinda interested if I'm honest. I wonder if they'll remake that Art Acadamy programme for the Wii now?

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I'm betting it would have been modded into a real graphics tablet within a week of release.

Gray Monk

Sep 25, 2010
This looks really gay boring and pointless.
Like your going to sit down and draw really bad pictures on your lap?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
...Why not just buy a normal tablet...? Which you can use to draw properly... ? And then publish stuff...?

...What the fuck Nintendo...?