Genghis Khan Wants to Play With Me

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Genghis Khan Wants to Play With Me

Genghis Khan would like me to know two things: He is hungry, and he enjoys videogames.

It's not unusual for me to receive odd packages here at work. They usually come filled with some sort of promotional material or other, everything from soap (Red Dead Redemption) to aprons (Diner Dash) to meat snacks (honestly, your guess is as good as mine). But the package I got yesterday from one "Genghis Khan" definitely ranks pretty high up the eyebrow-lifting charts.

[gallery=32]

The package, which contained, among other things, a mousepad festooned with the phrase "Poop courage and victory-flavored firebats!", the box for a Hungry Man frozen dinner, a series of pictures describing jobs at which the Mongol had failed, and a Nerf mace, was apparently promoting a video series [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKyx4JfNUI] about Genghis Khan traveling through time to become a videogame champion.

Am I playing into Mr. Khan's scheme by giving him some free advertising in exchange for a box of oddness? Well, sure, but I'm ok with that. The video is actually pretty funny, and besides, I'm now armed with some pretty sweet Nerf weaponry. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Am I playing into Mr. Khan's scheme by giving him some free advertising in exchange for a box of oddness? Well, sure, but I'm ok with that. The video is actually pretty funny, and besides, I'm now armed with some pretty sweet Nerf weaponry. Seems like a fair trade to me.

LOL you might be but if you're enjoying it, why not? This looks pretty funny to me XD

Mackheath said:
....Thats is batshit fucking insane. XD
My sentiments exactly

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
The mace sounds awesome! But remember, never bring a nerf Mace to a nerf Gunfight.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
When I saw Ghengis Khan and Vespene I thought wew were looking at the beginnings of a Starcraft Civ battle/crossoverbut alas no. Will check out video and see wtf when I am not behind a work PC firewall later

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well some of that stuff sure is interesting. And that video was also interesting. I don't really know what to make of all this. Its very off the wall.

But I do like that mousepad. "Eat vespene gas. Poop courage and victory-flavored firebats." I will weird time-traveling Genghis Khan. I will.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Kalezian said:
..........they make Nerf melee weapons now?

............is LARPing now socially acceptable?
No. An old roommate is a part of a group in his home town and tip toed about it for a month before inviting me to one, apparently all of their new recruits have to be eased into the idea. And when they have photos taken, if certain people are in a picture they have to delete them outright.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Susan Arendt said:
The package, which contained, among other things, a mousepad festooned with the phrase "Poop courage and victory-flavored firebats!", the box for a Hungry Man frozen dinner, a series of pictures describing jobs at which the Mongol had failed, and a Nerf mace, was apparently promoting a video series [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKyx4JfNUI] about Genghis Khan traveling through time to become a videogame champion.
I saw that Hungry Man box laying around and I was worried that someone in the office had actually eaten one of those things.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
So I take it some group of scientists somewhere are working to ressurect him? And this is the early campaign?