Square Enix Offers Mercenaries RPG Rewards

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Square Enix Offers Mercenaries RPG Rewards

To promote Tactics Ogre's upcoming remake, Square Enix is asking gamers to complete missions to win some sweet JRPG prizes.

Killing a bear in a tactical JRPG like Tactics Ogre might earn players a special item, but in real life all you would get is a big, gross mess. Square Enix is thankfully bringing some of that mission-based gameplay into the real world with a promotion that awards players with something less disgusting for completing specific tasks.

The Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together [http://na.tacticsogregame.com/missionhq/]. The game won't be out in North America until sometime in early 2011, so completing Square Enix's missions will have to help tide you over.

The first mission runs until October 25 and asks people to fill in the captions of four screenshots. My captions involved fried pickles, so yours may not. The winner will get two surprisingly cool prizes including one copy of Final Fantasy Tactics [http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Tactics-Lions-Sony-PSP/dp/B000SSPH3E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287596769&sr=8-2] for the PlayStation.

The image provided of the prizes from Square Enix indicates that this will be a sealed copy of the PS1 game, and not a ticket to download the version currently available on the PlayStation Network. It's a bit odd to give away a game in the original format released nearly 13 years ago, but at the same time it's kind of awesome in a retro way. There are slots on Tactics Ogre's HQ for 11 more missions, so hopefully the prizes will get even better as time goes on, and the missions will become even more fun.

Source: Tactics Ogre Mission HQ [http://na.tacticsogregame.com/missionhq/]

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
That game never seemed very good to me, I.E. lots of restarts from your soldiers dieing, and being completely unrevivable. At least in Final Fantasy you had a few turns to save them.

1blackone

Dec 14, 2007
Lol. Ahh Sqeenix, will you ever learn?

"Let's completely revamp our SECOND most critically acclaimed and cult-classic Tactics Ogre.....and market it by dangling about the corpse of our MOST successful RTS!."

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
So... They are giving away a remake and a game that probably half of America can't play anymore... smart.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
halo3rulzer said:
So... They are giving away a remake and a game that probably half of America can't play anymore... smart.
At least America got to play FFT. It didn't get a European release at all. Now that I hear it is also on the American PS store (it's not in the EU) I am even more annoyed.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'm going to go ahead and assume this is America only?

What's that? Europeans and Australians likev tactical games too? Pull the other one, it has got bells on.