NBA Jam Is On Fire for PS3 and Xbox

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
NBA Jam Is On Fire for PS3 and Xbox

EA has announced that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of NBA Jam will be in stores on November 17th.

Boom shaka laka! The Wii version of the NBA Jam remake has been out for a while and has garnered generally positive reception, but so far Xbox 360 and PS3 owners couldn't get their hands on the cartoony basketball goodness. Jam was originally supposed to available for download if you bought EA's NBA Elite but when that game was delayed, EA announced a standalone SKU for Jam. Now EA has dated the release of NBA Jam: it will be in stores on November 17th for $49.99.

The PS3 and 360 version will be in full HD and offer multiplayer support over PSN and Xbox Live. At first, you can play in 2-on-2 matches but EA promises to add more multiplayer modes in the coming months including streetball favorites like Backboard Smash, Domination Free-for-All, Elimination, and 21.

And if that's not enough to get you pumped, NBA Jam features all kinds of unlockable characters like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. Personally, I hope that George Clinton will be a playable character. His multi-color dreads would frighten and confuse any opponent!

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
I have been playing the hell outta this on the Wii.
PS3 and 360 owners, you are in for a treat.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
As fun as this game sounds i'm just not willing to pay $50 for a sports game.

CrankyStorming

Mar 8, 2010
Does anyone know if the PS3 version will support local multiplayer? This game's over the top style is really the sort of thing you'd get friends over to enjoy as a group.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
NBA JAM HALFTIME REPORT! ALTITUDE WITH AN ATTITUDE!

...man, that brings me back. And didn't the SNES version have George Clinton as a secret character? I remember playing some two-on-two with George and Bill Clinton (no relation) way back in the day.

Seriously, though. Fifty bucks? This game had better bring a lot more than retro coolness for that price.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Ive never played many sports games, apart from if skate 3 counts, but I do like the look of this
Hmmmmmff theres too many other games that I want more, but I may give this a try later on in the year

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I remember sinking many a pocket full of quaters in the original arcade version of this game. $50 seems a bit steep so I pick it up the second it hits $40.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I loved NBA Jam back in the day and had countless hours of dorm room tournaments. However, that was many years ago and I don't think my future wife will find it as fun as I did. Hmmm...50/50 on purchase at the moment.

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Welcome to. NBA JAM-JAM-Jam-Jam!

I'm gonna keep a lookout for this, had no idea they made a remake.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
This game is partly brought to you by my Texturing class teacher, who worked first hand on this game.

No I can't score you a copy.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
That screenshot shows LeBron with Cleveland. I take it they're fixing that.

blippity

Apr 30, 2009
So freaking glad. I was not willing to shell out for NBA Elite to get a half-worked copy. Might wait for a price drop tho...it is a bit steep since EA are still working on multiplayer modes.