Uncharted 3's Deceit Exposed on Amazon France

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Uncharted 3's Deceit Exposed on Amazon France

Thanks to Amazon France, we may know more about Naughty Dog's next Uncharted game.

Naughty Dog's listing [http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune-Playstation-3/dp/B000UW21A0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287970200&sr=8-1] for the game on Amazon France.

The listing is void of any specific details but does possibly reveal Uncharted 3's full name as Uncharted 3: World of Deceit. Uncharted's Nathan Drake is known to get himself into trouble during his Indiana Jones-like adventures, with Uncharted 2 [http://www.amazon.com/UNCHARTED-2-Among-Thieves-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5I2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287970200&sr=8-2]'s subtitle putting him Among Thieves.

If the second Uncharted game put Drake just among a group of thieves, the subtitle for the third game seems to hint at the company he keeps becoming broadly more deceptive. Also: Hey, Uncharted 3 everyone!

This doesn't confirm Uncharted 3 but it could mean that Naughty Dog is getting close to an announcement. There's also the chance that the listing means nothing and is a mistake. History tells us that the accidental listings of games on Amazon eventually lead to a true reveal, so if Uncharted 3 here is an exception I'll be mightily surprised. When Uncharted 3 is eventually announced, we'll let you know.

Source: Game Informer [http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/10/24/amazon-lists-uncharted-3.aspx]

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I really hope this isn't fake... last time this happened, it was the Ico/SotC Collection and it turned out to be real... please tell me this is real and that it's coming in 2011...

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Very cool. Thoroughly enjoyed the first two and with Naughty Dog's track record, I highly doubt this will disappoint.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know why they wouldn't make a third, so hopefully its just someone at Amazon jumping the gun.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Very cool. Thoroughly enjoyed the first two and with Naughty Dog's track record, I highly doubt this will disappoint.
Yup same here man :D

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
I think Uncharted 3 will disappoint a lot of people. The second one was awesome, but I felt they were kinda running out of ideas by the end.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Please be real. Mind you at London Expo in October I did hear someone say, 'Uncharted 3 is looking awesome!' in the Sony section, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
As big an Uncharted fanboy... girl.. as I am, I kind of hope this is fake.

Not the confirmation or anything. Just... I don't like the title. 'World of Deceit'?

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Oh, hell yes.
The first one was awesome, and the second one sold my friend on a PS3 when I let him play it.
Just, hell yes.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Aqualung said:
As big an Uncharted fanboy... girl.. as I am, I kind of hope this is fake.

Not the confirmation or anything. Just... I don't like the title. 'World of Deceit'?
Don't worry, it's a typo. It's supposed to be "Uncharted 3: World of Warcraft."

This time...It's MASSIVE.