Question of the Day, October 26, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, October 26, 2010

In last week's column, Moviebob discusses how a few of your favorite movies almost turned out completely differently [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/8237-That-Almost-Happened]. If you had the chance to rewrite one movie, which one would it be and why? How would you change it?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
X-men: Last Stand.

First time I watched it, it was good. The second time, I thought it was bad.

Calumon: Alot of them, so Jack'll let me watch them with him.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
I would change Mad Max, make it 400% bigger, more explosive and more epic, still was a good movie, just needs some more ummmpfff

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I think I'd add an epilogue to <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.241026-2-50-Reviews-Vacancy-2007>Vacancy, so that we get to find out the result of everything crazy that went on throughout the film.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Star Wars needs a big asterisk next to it regarding whether its the original trilogy or the entire thing. Trilogy is perfection, the first 3 well.. we'd all be better off without them or atleast give them another crack

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Easily Terminator 4. It was awful. The idea that he brought up sounded like an awesome idea that would have changed everything about Terminator, but as it stands it was just a crappy movie.

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
I'd make the Doom movie not shit.

As in, actually having some resemblance to the games, aside from the BFG, and the United Aerospace Corporation intro.

As in teleportation experiments dialling hell, rather than Resident Evil On Mars.
And Dwayne Johnson gets his face chewed off by a Pinky demon within the first fifteen minutes.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
From the list: Terminater: Salvation

Let John Connor die. The Terminator is a lot more useful and would lead the Resistance towards victory.

Not on the list in particular: Star Wars Episode I to III. Wipe them. Destroy them. Rip them from this world.

Lawnchair

Oct 26, 2010
I would change the Matrix. Because I feel that Keanu Reeves could easily be replaced by an angry looking pillow. Also the last two movies are completely redundant. In the first movie Neo gets admin rights for the server and God mode turn on. In the last two he's just being a dick and kicking every ass and even manages to DIE for his people in the end. So what I'm saying is: Neo is Adolf Hitler.

Prove me wrong.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Come on. No-one thinks to mention Transformers? Take Michael bay off the project, drop shia le buttfuck and wasshername and remake it to actually be ABOUT the transformers battling it out on Earth!

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Star Wars, Continuity needs some addressing as does the romance in eps 1 - 3, but if it's the original film then......Other, Star Wars episode 1

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Matrix: Revolutions.

WHERE IS THE MATRIX?! WHERE ARE THE REVOLUTIONS?! All I remember from that movie is, spoilers obviously since whole poll is a spoiler:

1. Neo is in Matrix.
2. An hour in real world.
3. Neo still asleep and in Matrix.
4. Neo awakes, sent on mission, all goes to hell.
5. More machines.
6. A bit of Matrix, not too much.
7. Crappy machine fight.
8. God vs God fight.
9. Crappy and impossible to understand ending. Neo lost, but win? Neo lost to win? Neo won by losing? Smith won and therefore had no need to exist anymore? Cookies killed all of them?

Blunderman

Jun 24, 2009
I would kill the Max Payne film with fire and remake it with actual intent of using the source material.

Demarthus

Oct 22, 2010
If you put X-Men last stand up as a choice, the only thing thats gonna compete with it is not Spiderman as it says here, but Spiderman 3.

Spiderman 3 - No emo spider-strut - No Venom finding Sandman in a random dark alley to be BFFs - no Godzilla Sandman or Sandman that screws over his sick daughter in the end for his spontaneous man crush on Spiderman - no random sunsetting death scene with Harry Osborn - and absolutely no butler with actual dialogue.

Just Spiderman and Harry Osborn fighting in the alley - Spiderman whipping a pumpkin bomb at Harry's face - and that french waiter scene with Bruce Campbell
In fact, that movie should have ended with Osborn saying "mmmm pie" - that's it - roll credits. Pre-mmm pie, it actually seemed like a true Spiderman sequel, a few scrapped knees here and there on logic, but damn decent, Post-mmm Pie, the movie decided scraped knees were for pussies, and decided to do a face plant.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd change romantic comedies into non-existence.

Or into comedies. And drop the romantic part.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
X-Men Last Stand. Drop Magneto (as much as I like Sir Ian McKellan using the same villain over and over again is boring and unimaginative) and do a proper adaptation of the Dark Phoenix saga with the Hellfire Club and less Wolverine.