Take The Escapist's Halloween System Shock Quiz!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Take The Escapist's Halloween System Shock Quiz!

How much do you know about two of the spookiest games of all time?

They may be older games, but System Shock and its legendary sequel System Shock 2 are frequently seen on gamers' list of "scariest games ever made." Given that we here at The Escapist are all about the Halloween season [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/halloween], we thought it appropriate to celebrate the spooky mood with a quiz celebrating these spooky games!

For some of you, the System Shock games may have been before your time. That's all right, though - as always, you can spend as much time or take as many tries to perfect your score as you'd like, though your time will be reflected on our leaderboards.

If you think you've got what it takes to contend with our spooky System Shock quiz, go ahead and videogame music quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/119] from earlier this week, too?

The System Shock Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/119]!

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I'm kind of proud to have gotten 9 out of 10 questions right, considering that I've never actually played System Shock and had to guess at most of the questions.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Bugger 9/10 got them all except the post credits one for SS2. Dont even remember that one.

All hail SS2, now thats immersion.

Best audio logs in a game ever, makes Bioshock and Dead Space look distinctly amateur

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Full marks and I haven't played either game. PLUS got to 1st place by one second. Quite proud of myself

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Blah! I got one question wrong twice... of course it was one of those things about a game I'd never remember. Bah!

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Oh I'm 5th atm :O

Got the credits question wrong the first time 'round though :(

The quiz was a nice surprise!

omega247

Apr 12, 2010
I loved SS2, never finished it as it creeped me out so much. I hope GoG can re-release them, but from what I've heard there is some legal mumbo jumbo preventing a re-release of these games

Apr 28, 2008
I scored 7/10
Sweet. No doubt the ones I got wrong had to deal with the first System Shock. I haven't actually played that one...

Should probably get on that.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Blast it all, I forgot how many years were between the two games, so it took me two tries to get 100%. Still in 8th place as of posting though! Apart from the question I got wrong, that whole quiz was of the "super easy provided you actually know anything about the subject matter" variety - all that stuff easily falls under the general knowledge category, I expected way more obscure trivia, heh.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Weeeeeeee. 100%.

Too bad work got in the way and it took me almost 4 minutes to complete. How dare they expect me to actually work at my job!

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I haven't even played the games but I scored 8/10. :D A few were pure guesses, the rest I tried to pick based on elimination.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
7/10 and considering that I don't think I've played either game and only knew about 3 or 4 of those answers that's not bad guessing for me.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I think that was a fairly easy quiz, bearing in mind that I haven't played System Shock 1 or 2.

If I had, I think I'd probably have got 10/10.

Just sayin'

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
7/10 and I've never played either game! That's kinda scary that I managed to pull that off now that I think about it. D:

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
Well done to those of you who know everything about System Shock without ever having played it. I'd start your resume off with that.