Michael Jackson's Thriller Could Become Zombie Movie

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Michael Jackson's Thriller Could Become Zombie Movie

Michael Jackson's zombie music video is now in the running to become an entire zombie movie.

The next big zombie movie could be a major blast from the past. GK Films is reportedly in negotiations to bring the music video for Michael Jackson's Thriller to the big screen.

Thriller was the final single released off of Jackson's album of the same name in 1984, and gained some of its popularity thanks to a music video more than 10 minutes in length. The video follows Michael Jackson as he seriously creeps out his girlfriend by turning into a zombie. In the world of Thriller, zombies can really dance.

The Thriller film, if greenlit, will apparently be written by the scribe behind The Hangover and could have a budget of $50 million. Original Thriller songwriter Rod Temperton is also said to be involved with the project. Michael Jackson's estate is expected to seal the deal to allow the movie to go forward.

So what would a Thriller movie actually be about? Deadline reports that the plot will involve Vincent Price, the creepy narrator and he who laughs at the end of the music video, and the town he grew up in. This could mean that the movie will follow an city where monsters rise up from time to time wearing awesome red leather outfits. However, considering the sensitivity [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102400-Michael-Jackson-Estate-Forces-Removal-of-Plant-Eating-Zombie] the Michael Jackson estate has exhibited over the use of Michael Jackson's Thriller persona, we may not see any red leather at all.

It might sound a little odd to make a movie out of a music video, but Michael Jackson is really popular, and Thriller was a mini-movie on its own anyway. Zombies are big business these days, so it'd probably be best to capitalize on the craze before people move on to ninjas again.

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/michael-jackson-song-thriller-in-center-of-pic-auction/]

Dec 14, 2009
"Here, faceless corporate executive, use this cricket bat, it makes beating money out of Jackson's corpse so much easier."

Feb 13, 2008
Much as I think this would be awesome...

Vincent and Michael...

They're...ya know....

[sub]dead[/sub].

And wasn't the original Thriller just a short film done by John Landis after Jacko saw American Werewolf in London?

[sub]Aaah...Jenny Agutter...[/sub]

Methinks the Jackson Estate is showing it's true face, and that's one of necromancy in it's worst form.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
You know, I never liked Michael Jackson, but I gotta admit that "Thriller" is a damn catchy song and a fantastic music video. Now I just wish they'd leave the damn reverse oreo alone in peace before he actually does rise from the dead. Huh. You think if he did become a zombie he'd be too busy doing awesome dance moves to remember to eat brains?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Most people here are angry that they're making alot of money of MJ now that he's dead. I'm more angry that Vevo decided to block the music video in the article in my country. What do have against Britain, eh, Vevo? Is it that the majority of the population know how to make a damn good cup of tea?

Calumon: Is this Silly? I think it's silly.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Why does that need to be made? I'm not usually one to say that Hollywood is creatively bankrupt, but couldn't they just leave the Thriller video as it is? Y'know, it's pretty good just as it is...

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
They should just make a feature length zombie musical, I'd love that.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
So what would it be about? A group of assorted stereotypes have to hold out against an army of cliche (but dancing) zombies before Jackson shows up? Then someone shoots his face off. Then someone shoots his head off.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
So Hollywood's just given up remakes of crappy old movies and has hit the point where they're making movies out of old music videos? So I'm guessing we'll see a Jersey Shore Movie by 2012[footnote]Yeah, that's how it'll happen[/footnote]?

Perhaps they're hoping that after their direct efforts with causing Michael Jackson to perpetually spin within his grave, his corpse will rise to make an appearance in the Thriller film.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
NO NO NO NO MOTHERFUCKING NO!!!!

MJ is Dead!! Plain and Simple and you plan on making a movie about a Zombie version of him!? sure this sounds great and all, but the fact that it's Not Jackson Doing this is a bit oh IDK SHAMEFUL!!!

Jesus stop squeezing his damn corpse. As much as I wanted to see a movie about this, I know it'll never work because the star is gone.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
So they can make a full length movie involving zombie MJ, but they can't have a passing similarity in a game? Oh yea, that's right. I forgot. They didn't get any money from the game.

Anyways, this doesn't sound like a good idea. I never cared for MJ myself, so the fact he's dead has nothing to do with it (though it does seem in poor taste). It just doesn't seem like it'd be a good movie. But I'd be fine with being pleasently surprised by it.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Someone tried that with another of his music videos and we got "Moonwalker", which wasn't pretty.