Tim Burton Dreamt of a Sci-Fi Superman

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Tim Burton Dreamt of a Sci-Fi Superman

One of them even looks like is directing [http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=462272818928&set=a.462272623928.247048.183083583928] an upcoming Superman film that will deviate from what was done with Superman Returns, but will likely remain faithful to the original Superman and not make him glow.

More photos are available on the SteveJohnsonFX Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/stevejohnsonfx#!/album.php?aid=247048&id=183083583928].

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
The fact that this died on the operating makes you entertain the idea that there might be a benevolent god out there somewhere. Then immediatly question why batman and robin was allowed to happen.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
that...

that would have been pretty badass, I would have seriously gone and watch it 5 times, in a row =P

though, for some reason, the metallic suit up there reminds me of MGS4 Raiden

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
No. Just...no. And isn't a "Sci-Fi Superman" a little redundant? I mean, he's an alien from another planet.

Captain Karma

Apr 1, 2010
That looks horrible. Makes me wonder if maybe Tim Burton's impressive creative mind died earlier than I thought.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Alien crashes to earth, develops super powers and protects the planet from all sorts of other aliens and supernatural beings.

Stop me at the point where I'm not talking about sci-fi.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Wow that's fugly

It's like if you got a fish high on weed and then made it sick and got it to describe the shape and colours of its own vomit

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Thank God this never happened. Tim Burton needs to keep his hands off of movies and reboots.

hansari

May 31, 2009
hyperdrachen said:
The fact that this died on the operating makes you entertain the idea that there might be a benevolent god out there somewhere. Then immediatly question why batman and robin was allowed to happen.
The director had a credit card with no spending restrictions.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Check out Kevin Smith's Q&A sessions regarding the whole Superman scripting episode, SO funny and entertaining, a real insight into the ego's and...lets not mince words...fucktards that populate Hollywood.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
The thing is...thats accurate. You cant imagine it, but in the book, he wears a special black suit to absorb sunlight so he can come "back to life" Its not permanent.

Hes dead afterall, kinda suiting that he wears black when hes "dead"

Dont worry, he puts the original costume back on when he comes back. I think it could of been awesome. I mean, post-batman pre-nightmare before christmas Tim Burton making a deep movie about superman? You guys LIKED the superman sequels? lol

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Hmm, one thing I can't help but wonder, what is a non Sci-Fi Superman like?
As far as I can tell all the ones sofar have been in the same kettle...

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
whether you like it or not, Burton always seems to enjoy butchering the source material (remember the whole "joker killed batman's parents" angle?), only this time it seems he took it a bit too far.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
It's Time Burton! Get your fucking story straight! He'd have hired Johnney Depp, not Nicholas Cage XD

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
icyneesan said:
At least theres a little less... Nipple... on it :\
that's true, I like this because as it is a predesigned metallic suit (and not a freaking skin-tight leotard) you dont have to see his mantits or even the pair of socks in his not-underwear (it's kinda redundant, considering he wears the "underwear" OVER the actual clothing)

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
righthanded said:
calling TB's Batman movies genuinely great seems a bit generous.
They haven't aged well in fact they're kinda not good. They were nice if you were young and didn't notice all the huge flaws. In fact Dark Knight partly seems to be a referendum on Burton's films.