Super There Will Be Blood Parodies 8-Bit Graphics, Paul Thomas Anderson film

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Super There Will Be Blood Parodies 8-Bit Graphics, Paul Thomas Anderson film

A video from Tomfoolery Pictures shows what an 8-bit platformer based on the 2007 film There Will Be Blood would look like.

I don't think that anyone would have pegged the drama about an oil magnate played by Daniel Day-Lewis and his relationship with his son and a preacher for a tie-in videogame. Although, now that I've seen the video produced by Tomfoolery Pictures for the UK mag Empire's Done in 60 Seconds competition, the final scene does kind of remind me of a boss battle. The mashup of old-school platformer shticks like collecting dollar symbols and slightly animated cutscenes with subtitles with real audio from the film is pretty much the most genius thing that I've seen today. Add that to the fact that the video's title is Super There Will Be Blood and its clear that the creators were fans of both Paul Thomas Anderson's movie and videogame tie-ins titles [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Star_Wars] of the 90s.

[vimeo=16085822]

Unfortunately, Super There Will Be Blood didn't win Empire's competition to summarize/parody a movie in just one minute. That honor went to the Top Gun parody by Mark Wong and Chris Slaughter.

But honestly, after watching both of them, I think that Tomfoolery Pictures was robbed. Owen and Adam, whoever you are, you rock.

BTW, are you taking requests? The Escapist staff would love to see you tackle Gone With the Wind, 2001 and Citizen Kane. Get on it!

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I have a sudden urge to drink milkshake after watching that awesome video.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Ghostwise said:
Maybe I'm just a sucker for phenomenal acting. There Will Be Blood certainly had that. Also...Daniel Day Lewis is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxuYqXHq2eQ&feature=related

Such an intense performance.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Awesome. It's one of my favorite movies. God, that music. And the acting.
And with that...
I'm finished!

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Dude, that has to be one of the coolest powerups ever.

[HEADING=2]MILKSHAKE!!![/HEADING]

Now, I'll see if this is streaming on Netflix, just for that scene.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hehehe that was a fun little video. But it lacks the movies two best lines:

"Yes I do"
"I drink your MILKSHAKE!"

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
"I've Abandoned My Child and You're Embarrassing Me!"

I really want to play this right now. This is the best Videogame movie tie in since The Human Centipede game.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Xzi said:
That was infinitely better than the movie itself. Between all those scenes was 20 minutes of panning across the desert with dramatic music playing. Half the theater was asleep by the end of that POS. I have no idea how it won any sort of awards at all, let alone an Oscar. It still holds the honor of being the worst movie I've ever seen. And I've seen The Last Airbender.
You were already low on credibility when you poo-pooed There Will Be Blood, but you have none for actually WATCHING The Last Airbender.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
That was fantastic! I think I really should watch that film again, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to fully pay attention to it the first time.

GoodApprentice

Apr 27, 2010
Oh kay! I understand it now: he lost his soul in the pursuit of wealth and power. It finally makes sense. Thank you Tomfoolery Pictures!

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Dear Escapist,

HIRE THEM*!

I think there's a nice free spot on the website where it says "Game Dogs" right now..

* = alternatively, if that bursts your budget, just abduct them and have them make movie-game parodies until all eternity. Mwahahaha.**

** = note: humour. author not to be held responsible for actual abductions.

Aaron Kuehmichel

Apr 14, 2010
Escap
Monsterfurby said:
Dear Escapist,

HIRE THEM*!

I think there's a nice free spot on the website where it says "Game Dogs" right now..
I agree! This would make a great new feature!