Question of the Day, November 8, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, November 8, 2010

Treyarch's newest installment in the hit Call of Duty series hits shelves tonight at midnight around the world. Will you be getting it?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I'm going to town tomorrow to pick up the pre-ordered copy for my friend, and myself.
We were going to have a party, complete with ordered pizza, but he got a job, so no party, no pizza, no friend to play the game with until later in the day >.>

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
I didnt get MW2 so i dont feel the need to rush out and buy it right away. It does look interesting though.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Eh right now I'm in such a meh place with the game. I know if I buy it I'll have fun for a while, but eventually I'll get bored of it just like I have with MW2/Reach/InsertModernFPSGameHere. So I'm thinking I might just save my $60 and resist the urge to rush out and buy it now. In a month I'll be knee deep in Cataclysm anyways so bleh there goes my free time....and soul...

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
I've never actually played "Call of Duty" and I don't think I'm going to start now.

Exia91

Jul 7, 2010
About a year ago, at the Launch of Modern Warfare 2, I would reply: "Yes, i'm definitely picking it up!" It was a good game, great even, but not good enough to experience the same again in Black Ops. I played BFBC2 after MW2, so flying in Helicopters isn't a novelty to me anymore. Nothing against the new installment of the CoD series, but it's just not for me :)

Besides, moving out of my parents home, and now living on my own certainly cut my budget for spending on games. AssCreed:Bro is my priority right now, and afterwards I have to save money again.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
I won't, but I know my drooling moron brothers will end up getting it.

for me their are really only about 2 or 3 games coming out this year that are must buys.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Probably wont buy it. And i wont have to worry anyways. They already announced they have another one coming next year.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I like Treyarch, but I don't have much time to spend on more games since I have a dozen or so I still need to play, and then Steam's holiday sale will hit again... The deciding factor will most likely be when they come out with map packs and how much they will be on PC.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
My dad's getting it when it comes out, if that counts. I probably "borrow" it off him in a couple of weeks, but If it were up to me to buy it, I'd probably give it a miss until next summer when the lull starts again.

I'm more excited about getting AC: Brotherhood next week though!

And the poll results are surprising. if we go by what escapists think, Black Ops is gonna struggle.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
At the moement it's a firm no due to the fact I felt really disappointed by MW2. It'll stay that way till it has come out and there are some reviews or maybe I see someone playing it or get a chance to play it for a bit myself. I have to say though that I have only heard good things about this game, but then again, the same can be said for MW2. I'm kind of in a No, unless persuaded otherwise" sort of position

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
Hm, how about "No, I don't like the publisher"?
At least that's my stance and it works well for me so far.
Before anyone comes in and tries to start a discussion about punishing a developer etc., please keep in mind that voting with our money is the only real way to make a statement and sadly there is no way to circumvent the publisher in this particular case.

dghjdgdjf

Nov 9, 2009
It does look better then MW2, that's true. But what's the point? They have allready said that there will be another one next year. I'm not willing to spend 599 swedish crowns on one of their games every year when I know i'll be bored with it after a couple of hours of gameplay.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
I wont be buying it as I am still refusing to buy anything Activision, plus despite the name its not an IW version so even less interest

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
No thanks. I've tried the Call of Duty games and I've decided that I just don't like "realistic" twitch-based military shooters. Also, the killstreaks and loadouts in the multiplayer confused and infuriate me.