Black Ops Has Another Secret Zombie-Killing Mode

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Black Ops Has Another Secret Zombie-Killing Mode

Everyone knows about Treyarch's predilection for killing zombies, but it's a safe bet you didn't know about this mini-game in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Everyone knows that Treyarch's Black Ops is going to have a zombie-killing mode. We'd know this even if it hadn't already been officially confirmed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102774-Zombies-Confirmed-for-CoD-Black-Ops], because everybody loved World At War's Nazi Zombies minigame.

As things turn out, it isn't the only zombie-killing minigame in Black Ops. The video you see here to the right shows the (no longer) top-secret method with which you can unlock Dead Ops Arcade, a top-down arcade shooter that sees the player killing all sorts of evil undead.

This is just the opening few moments of the game, too - one can surmise that there are plenty of crazy powerups and weapons that one can obtain to kill all the zombies. At least, there better be - it's just not a zombie-killing shooter without a flamethrower.

In order to unlock the game mode, your character must break free from his restraints at the opening menu screen and wander over to a computer. At this computer, input "CD" and then "DOA" to begin your game of Dead Ops Arcade.

I hope you can play this online. It looks like a ton of fun.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/08/call-of-duty-black-ops-other-secret-game-mode/])

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Haha, saw this blow up on youtube earlier.

Looks like a really good laugh, and I feel it shows Treyarch are really really proud of this game...it's a nice, and very much appreciated, extra touch.

That's single player, multiplayer, zombies and DOA...as well as a mode with bots...

...yum

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
That alone looks like a worthy enough reason to purchase this game. Honestly, this game doesn't look to disappoint.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Wow, a whole solid game inside a game. Wow. Maybe - maybe - I'll buy this game eventually. Usually I stay clear of COD.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
That looks so good and fun, but the guy talking throughout the entire thing like he was reading a script is really annoying.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Haha, saw this blow up on youtube earlier.

Looks like a really good laugh, and I feel it shows Treyarch are really really proud of this game...it's a nice, and very much appreciated, extra touch.

That's single player, multiplayer, zombies and DOA...as well as a mode with bots...

...yum
Seriously, Treyarch keep impressing me with every new thing that's shown. I have high hopes for this game.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
this game looks like it will be what MW2 should have been instead of the broken mess that it was...

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
This is VERY cool. I guess I'll have to get another 360 (my old one RROD'd) and this is going to be my number one purchase.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
That looks AWESOME!

And it's free, not a 'pay-for-publicity' XBL game...but I could have been :X

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
ToonLink said:
This is VERY cool. I guess I'll have to get another 360 (my old one RROD'd) and this is going to be my number one purchase.
or you could get it for PC or PS3...

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
vallorn said:
ToonLink said:
or you could get it for PC or PS3...
I would get it for PC but my PC is stock to the bone, and a 360 is a lot cheaper then decking out my PC with enough hardware to actually run it smoothly AND its a helluva lot cheaper than a PS3.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This is why I like Treyarch better than IW, they certainly look like they had fun making their games.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
vallorn said:
this game looks like it will be what MW2 should have been instead of the broken mess that it was...
Indeed. Treyarch isn't taking things for granted. They are putting everything they have into this game and it shows with stuff like this. I'm even more impressed by this game and I was already blown away by what is going to be in this game. This is the true follow up that Call of Duty 4 deserved in Modern Warfare 2, but didn't get.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'll be damned if this definite twin-stick shooter doesn't remind me of I Made A Game With Zombies In It [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Made_a_Game_with_Zombies_in_It!].

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Awesome! It's nice to see these kinds of easter eggs returning. There are less of those these days, so it's nice to see a return. Though CoD was the last game I expected to do this.