EA Unveils New All-Play Sports Games For Wii

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Unveils New All-Play Sports Games For Wii

Nintendo Wii [http://www.easports.com].

The new games are designed for "social play," taking full advantage of the Wii's unique controls and offering a gameplay experience accessible to gamers of all skill levels. Five top EA Sports franchises will be added to the EA Sports All-Play series: Madden NFL 09, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, NBA Live 09, FIFA Soccer 09 and NCAA Football 09.

"The Wii platform and the Wii consumer are looking for a very unique sports experience," said EA Sports President Peter Moore. "We're excited to take five of our most popular franchises and develop them from the ground up exclusively for the Wii, with unique controls, unique presentation, unique modes and even unique packaging. Whether you're an EA Sports veteran or a rookie gamer, EA Sports All-Play levels the playing field and delivers a fresh new gaming experience."

NCAA Football 09 All-Play will be the first title in the series to hit the shelves, launching on July 15. Described as "a multiplayer social experience that allows novice users to compete against advanced players," the game's controls are designed for beginners but also include a "traditional default" setting for more experienced gamers. Madden NFL 09 All-Play will follow on August 12, with an all-new "Call Your Shots" feature built around the Wii Remote, as well as a new five-on-five game mode with a reduced field size and big-head NFL players.

Tigers Woods PGA Tour 09 All-Play debuts on August 26, followed by NBA Live 09 All-Play on October 7 and FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play on October 14. More information about the new Wii sports games franchise can be found at the EA Sports website [http://www.easports.com/allplay/index.jsp].

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
"The Wii platform and the Wii consumer are looking for a very unique sports experience," said EA Sports President Peter Moore.

I love it when a press release tells me what it is I've been looking for all this time. Bonus points for telling me what my Wii has been wanting all along as well.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
So.... they're turning their top five sports franchises into every other Wii game? Yeah, that's exactly what the Wii needs.