Castlevania Judgment to be Fighter Game

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Castlevania Judgment to be Fighter Game

The latest incarnation of Castlevania is going to be - wait for it - a 3D fighter.

A screen grab from Nintendo Power shows that Castlevania Judgment, in development for the Nintendo Wii, is straying far from the series' original action platformer roots.

Aside from the characters, the screenshot looks like it could have come from a Mortal Kombat title.

Confirmed characters include: Dracula, Alucard, Simon, Shanoa, and Maria Renard.

The game will also feature some recognizable subweapons like the dagger and boomerang, as well as remixed classic Castlevania music.

Character movement will apparently be controlled with the Nunchick while the Wii Remote will be wielded for motion attacks.

Source: Gonintendo.com [http://gonintendo.com/?p=47669]

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Oh. My. God. It would be hilarious if this turned out to be incredible, but something tells me that's as likely as a flea being struck by lightning in the dead of winter.

Looking forward to the soundtrack, though! See? Always a silver lining.

Nov 28, 2007
Xwii360 said:
WoA QUICK MAKE A CASTLEVANIA GAME QUICK WE NEED MONIEZ!

I got it! Let's make a shitty fighter!

Sweet! We'll throw in some wii-mote movements that don't work!

And since its for the wii, we don't have to put any work into it.

Cool let's rip off fans like every other company, maybe we'll turn it into a space marine shootemup next!

Fuck you whoever develops Castlevania. I loved your games now I hope you die in a fire.
You've played the game already? You must have, otherwise you are just assuming it will suck and be a rush job to capitalize on the Castlevania name.

kyekye

May 14, 2008
when this comes out i feel as though i may have to take out the punishment stick even though i swore not to after halo 3

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
And now, for something completely shitty.

Too bad though, a real castlevania game would (if done right) have been really cool for the Wii.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
this game looks pretty cool, depends on how much time they spend on it, they could always just make a real peice of shit in no time at all but they could also make a really awesome game too.

and who says that new castlevania games are bad i think all the DS ones are really fun, the one for the PSP was imo is just a portable SOTN and the 3d ps2 are pretty sweet as well. I got all the classic ones on the VC and they kick ass (cant wait for Castlevania 3 the game that got me hooked on the series).

btw why is this being made and yet they didnt have a castlevania player in ssbb :(, i may never get over that.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
What's with all the Nintendo bashing? Are we really under the impression they were the ones that convinced Konami to make a Castlevania fighting game... last time I checked, console developers and publishers don't usually make that direct of requests to third parties.

Nov 28, 2007
Here's an idea...how about you wait for more information on the game before you run around screaming about how the game is going to suck even more than any Castlevania game? I mean, a little guy rolling around on a ball picking stuff up to make a planet...sound like a good idea?

Zippy1313

Mar 26, 2008
I am strangely looking forward to this.
To bad Iga already said that he will not make a Castlevania action game for the Wii.
This might be good though, and fuck anyone who refuses to give it a chance.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I don't know why the uninformed masses have come out to slag off Nintendo for Konami's decision to make a fighting game out of one of their series on an unusual platform.

Symphony of the Night has and always will be the best of the Castlevania games, but Aria and Dawn of Sorrow were both in that exact same basic style, with reduced stat-poking elements and more gotta-catch-'em-all mentality, which fit the GBA and the DS quite well. Don't you think it's a bit overdone now?

I'm a fan of the 2D Guilty Gear fighting series, and that's recently leapt to become a 3D tactics-action-brawler THING; my immediate response was not an outcry against Sony for making the whole game shit. That would be idiotic as (1) I haven't played it yet and (2) Sony doesn't make GG, Arc System Works does.

As for this next game... the Wii remote isn't best suited to fighting games. But Konami are a damn good company, and if anyone's gonna make it work, it'll be them. Honestly though, I'm not holding my breath or anything - I remember Castlevania on the N64. Blegh!

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
"Character movement will apparently be controlled with the Nunchick while the Wii Remote will be wielded for motion attacks."

Nun chick? Is that a hidden character?

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I know you are not supposed to trash a game before it comes out, but honestly there are just things that you know will suck as soon as your hear about them. I honestly hope for the sake of Castlevania fans that this does not suck though.