The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival Winners Announced

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival Winners Announced

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/4thAnnualFilmFestival]

The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival is over and we have completed going through all of this year's amazing entries. There were so many great entries, we are giving away 3 Grand Prizes instead of just one!

The Escapist Film Festival gives producers and directors from around the world a chance to bring their visions to life. This year we received so many great entries that we decided the top three submissions all deserved contracts! Congratulations to [user]Jimtopia[/user] for Creature Caster Masters, [user]Lord_Goose_Man[/user] for Tales From The Table and [user]Uberfriendship[/user] for Show About Games Show. Each show will have its own series in the near future, right here on The Escapist.

For a week we also had you, The Escapist community, vote on who you thought was the best for the Viewer's Choice award. This brings the three winners the coveted bragging rights on the internet, as well as a spotlight on their video on The Escapist forevermore. Congratulations to the overall Viewer's Choice winner Pro-gamer Gauntlet: Demo, submitted by [user]Paul Hearding[/user]. The 2nd place winner is Breaking Blizzard, submitted by [user]WoodyT[/user] and the 3rd place winner is Game Science which was submitted by [user]maskedklaus[/user]. Congratulations once again for be chosen as the community favorites!

For the complete gallery of winners, honorary mentions and submissions click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/4thAnnualFilmFestival] to head over to our main Film Festival page. Congratulations again to all of the winners and contestants.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Looking forward to the new shows. Congrats to the winners.
Exactly what I was going to say. Give me some new things to look forward too :)

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Excellent choices! Three videos that were well-produced but good in their different genres. Good luck!

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Torque669 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Looking forward to the new shows. Congrats to the winners.
Exactly what I was going to say. Give me some new things to look forward too :)
New shows can only be a good thing. :)
I hit it With my Axe would like a word with you.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Gotta ask, will any of the current shows make place for this or just adding to the awesome?

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Congrats to the winners.

Definitely sad to see my video lose, but I'm glad to see that people liked it.

Thanks to the Escapist for showcasing our video.

Unfortunately, it won't seen here. But, humbly speaking, if you want to see the most epic web series of all-time...hop over to: www.progamergauntlet.com.

talenos

Dec 12, 2009
Well, we got an honorable mention. Too bad we won't be able to continue the show. I guess there is always next year. Congrats to the winners.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Good picks, in my opinion. I enjoyed the three chosen pilots, although I'd suspect there's some who would be annoyed to find out what exactly that First Cut mechanic was. [http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=420683#p420683] *runs*

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
Really glad that I won, and I'm very happy for Tales from the Table and Show About Games Show, those were two of my favorites! Thanks for the opportunity to do this, and thanks for the support from everyone.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Wait, so pro-game gauntlet didn't make it ? Damn...too bad.
But wait, 3 shows will start making new stuff here? Woah, that's quite a lot. This didn't happen last year, too, did it(3 shows making it)
But I'm not gonna judge the shows by their first episode. Hopefully we'll see new episodes soon.
Maybe there will even be a new D&A or doomsday arcade??? Who knows?

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
Three new shows, that's awesome. Looking forward to all three, Creature Caster Masters especially. Congrats to all the winners.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Congratulations to all of the winners! This year the quality of shows was exceptional, and though these three have contracts with the Escapist I would reccomend to the other participants to consider running their series online independently, as many shows this year certainly have that spark that could carry them through many more episodes.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Nikolaz72 said:
Aww a bit disappointed that the Versus one wasnt here.
Me too, but it was a very good year for entries...

Congratulations to Creature Caster Masters and Tales From The Table, I'm glad those two made the cut.
EDIT: oh and show about games show...I forgot which one that was and had to check...also one I liked.