Blizzard Announces Diablo 3

Teleios

Aug 5, 2003
Blizzard Announces Diablo 3

(This was posted live as the demo was going on.)

During the announcement of Diablo 3, Blizzard gave a brief demo. Unfortunately, it's not available for play.

The Lead Designer of Diablo 3 is giving the first public demo of the game. He begins by introducing the barbarian class and showcasing where Diablo 3 retains the stylistic feel of the first two in the series but expands upon them. There is now a hotbar where the potions used to be and you can switch skills with both tab and the mouse wheel.

The world is destructible and you can use it to your advantage. In the demo, he used a wall to destroy a zombie horde.

A new class, the witch doctor, is introduced. He primarily relies on pets to do his dirty work, the first of which is the Mongrel.

Some of our old friends make appearances as well. Deckard Cain is alive and well and even helps you with part of a dungeon.

Full armor sets have been customized for each class.

Diablo 3 is aimed to be a highly cooperative game.

For an early demo, this looks like something to keep an eye on.

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
Cool.

I'm not a big fan of Diablo but this is a good thing for the fans.
Same here.I like Diablo 2 but I played it way after it's era so the graphics and the amount of new games I have are way too much of a turn-off for me to get anywhere further than Act One,Chapter Five.

Skrapt

May 6, 2008
I think any Blizzard game is worth keeping an eye on due to pretty much all of their games setting a very high standard of quality.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Hurra hurra hurra!

Songs of victory and joy shall be sung all through the night. Does anyone know if it will be 2D or 3D?

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Yeah, on Mmo-champion [http://www.mmo-champion.com/] they have alot of details and screen, aparently there is also a live-feed of sorts.

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Hurra hurra hurra!

Songs of victory and joy shall be sung all through the night. Does anyone know if it will be 2D or 3D?
http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/

There are gameplay videos so you can have a look yourself.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
Words can't describe how happy I am about this.
Usually I don't tend to feel anything special when a new game is announced, but this is just awesome.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Damn, the gameplay video is nothing short of awesome. Combat look's like it has been vastly improved.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
One Sequel to rule them all, One Sequel to find them, One Sequel to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

I'm confused though...I thought the series ended with the glowing guy blowing up that magic rock and destroying...wait, lemme wiki this.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Oh dear, I think I can finally kiss goodbye to my social life... Game looks awesome, I look forward to playing it in about 5 years.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
My God! I'm so excited right now, I can barely sit still :p
This is going to be purchased, end of story!

I really like that they've added the hotbar-thingy, and the Witch Doctor looks awesome... Got to give him a try :D

Hopefully Blizzard won't spend too much time developing the game x)

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Looks like blizzard got there foot out of there ass and finally decides to go on. I'm not gonna go high expectation right now because alot of games have been ruined that way.

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
as long as the game is as good as Diablo 2 and maintains its feel i will love it but it will be overhyped i am guessing